[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have been struggling with depression for the past few months.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: download.png (3 KB, 208x243) Image search: [Google]
download.png
3 KB, 208x243
I have been struggling with depression for the past few months. My gf broke up with me, Im flunking out of college, I have no passion or motivation for anything. What should I do?
>>
>>16792754
>What should I do?
stop indulging in this meme illness
>>
>>16792757
Yeah, that surely will do the trick.
Hey, I got a great idea - why don't you tell that all those people who kill themselves in Japan - that their depression is just a meme illness? They will all feel better then ...
>>
>>16792765
Cry harder you lil bitch

Truth is we all are more or less depressed, I don't have a single friend who didn't think about commiting a suicide at some point. But also many people just get a stiff upper lip and go through life without wallowing in self pity and indulging in 'depression or social anxiety or whatever. Then there are special snowflakes like yourself, too lazy to fight with apathy and sadness and so these fags choose posting about their muh depresion on a romanian knitting forum instead of going to doc, getting some happy pills and moving on with their lives.
>>
>>16792786
There is a big difference with being depressed and suffering from depression anon.
If you have had both you would know.

Like myself im a bit depressed now because of little things, but ive been in depression because of major irl circumstances where they is no happiness and I nearly killed myself.
Fortunately I got through that, no times ever got that dark
>>
>>16792757
>>16792786
He's honestly right. The literal definition of depression is false ill feelings. IN YOUR HEAD.
>>
>>16792754
Talk to a counselor at your college. You don't need to know what to say to them or to ask them. Just talk.
>>
>>16792786
Alright, how about this?
Depression is classified in ICD-10, an internationally accepted illness catalog.

So much for this internet expert on mental illnesses. I'd say he's himself rather mentally challenged.
>>
>>16792786
You just suffer from idiocy, a simpler illness.

Getting sad every now and then or feeling a bit blue or reacting to bad circumstances isnt depresison.

Depression is years where you're never happy not even once. It can shut all your emotions down. It fucks with your body too, makes you tired, weak, listless. Your senses dull, your brain function becomes limited, and you feel like you're being pulled down by a heavy weight.

Someone who hasn't had it wouldn't get it
>>
>>16793696
I'd not say it's not being never happy. You can have good moments as well - it's not as if people with depression can never laugh.

But the spaces in between happy moments are more crushing. For me, I am constantly thinking what I have done wrong in life, and how it will affect my future. Compared with the feeling that you are just worthless, and that everyone would be better off if you just wouldn't be there, it's crushing. It's paralyzing. You are afraid of doing something, because you are afraid of people's reaction since you could have prevented it in the first place, but it only gets worse if you are not acting as well.

After a while, you lose any feeling of self-worth. And it barely ever stops. The worst are the nights, when you try to sleep, because your brain is running wild with negative thoughts.
>>
File: 1273166751284.jpg (127 KB, 424x470) Image search: [Google]
1273166751284.jpg
127 KB, 424x470
Try to become angry all the time.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.