[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friends with a girl who paints. Wanted to get her a gift for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Untitled.png (785 KB, 882x947) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
785 KB, 882x947
Friends with a girl who paints. Wanted to get her a gift for valentine's. I was thinking about a decent set of brushes or some such, but I don't really know anything about painting. Was hoping I could get a few recommendations or at least pointed in the right direction? Or other gift ideas are welcome too

Thanks for any help
>>
why would u get her a gift on valentines if shes just a friend

that shit is weird
>>
>>16792259
>giving your platonic friend Vdays gift

That's cringy
>>
>>16792267
>>16792272

She's getting me one, so I thought best to return the gesture
>>
>>16792283
>she's getting me one

Well, still creepy but on her side
>>
>>16792259
If she paints, she's going to know more about brushes than you, and probably already has brushes.
A gift card for art supplies is better, but less interesting?
>>
>>16792334

She was telling me the other day that her sister went and did something with her brushes (Using them and leaving them out without cleaning them), so I know she's in need of a few
>>
If she's been painting for a while then she probably already has some sort of preference. Either just ask her or see what kind of painting she does and research a bit. You might get away with a basic set if she's not picky though.
>>
You're fucking up.

If someone is a hobbyist in something, never buy a gift for them in that hobby.
You'll fuck it up and they'll have to begrudgingly thank you for something they'll never use.

It's like your parents buying a Nintendo game like fucking Pro Bass Fishing or some shit.
They try but they don't get it.

Buy her something else.
Like, I don't know, a wonderful date or jewellery, or maybe a photographer or something.

Just don't buy her paint shit because you know less than she does, and if you want to purchase something, you'll do it wrong.
If you insist, ask her what she wants specifically, and buy that.
>>
like others said you have to ask her, there are so many types and nothing pisses me off more than paints/brushes that i don't like to use. it's all personal preference.

if you don't want to ask her try some other gift
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.