[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>dating girl for a few months >everything going great >suddenly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Cute-Duck-3.jpg (75 KB, 600x432) Image search: [Google]
Cute-Duck-3.jpg
75 KB, 600x432
>dating girl for a few months
>everything going great
>suddenly tells me she's not ready for a relationship
>got a lot going on in her life and it wouldn't be fair to me
>still texts me, Snapchats, and calls me after work
>tells me she misses me

What the fuck.
>>
Someone from her past, either a prior crush or an ex, came back into the picture. She's involved with him but not yet confident that he's a keeper. (Especially if he's an ex, because they have a history of failing to stay together.) That's why she's keeping you around via the attention over texts and such. All of it is meant to keep you hooked so that she can fall back on you. You are, at absolute best, her consolation prize.
>>
>>16792076

This. She's fucking with you, mate.

Stand up for yourself, ignore her.
>>
same thing kind of happened to me, OP
>dating a guy
>a few months, we're really happy
>no real problems
>we had a weird date one night
>no big deal just shook it off
>silence from him the next few days
>wake up to a text from him saying he's not ready for a relationship and that he thinks we should stop seeing each other
>the day after he ended it he starts seeing another girl
>they date for 2 1/2 months
>he still talked to me even while he was dating her
>tried to see if i was still interested in going out after they broke up
aside from that, i've seen this happen to a few friends. she's keeping you at a distance so that you're an option to her. cut her out.
>>
>>16792413
>>16792324
>>16792076

this is heartbreaking.

I really thought things were going to get better for me.
>>
>>16792556
you've been friendzoned mate.
>>
>>16791741
If you don't care then it's all water under the bridge and move on. If you get bothered by this now that she openly said no, then just stop talking to her. I would try to make everything as clear as possible for myself in your position and if she would try to dodge or change the subject - just move on and decide whether she is worthy keeping around or not and think if you are ok with that.

>>16792413
with guys it's pretty much easy, we are not difficult to read after all. He seems like the type to swap to "better models" , think you get the idea.
also riddle me this
>> been trying to go out with a girl from one of my courses
>> invited her out few times, but didn't work out
>> last time when I was about to go to her place she was supposed to text me when she will be free because of some lessons and such
>> she didn't, her friends didn't come because of an exam that was supposed to happen next week
>> ofc I didn't know that and she didn't inform me, told her that she should've told me about this
>> she said only sorry and texted me later that I can come if I want to
>> didn't want to do any meetups out of pity, so I just turned it down

Now, we've been texting/flirting/talking on and off for few months. I've never bugged her nor follow her - things were pretty nice and I wasn't clinging to her like a fucktard.
The thing is she acted a little bit bitchy on the few last courses that we had together, so I decided to not be bothered by it and just ignored her behaviour and didn't talk much to her, 'cause I didn't need her to try and blow her problems on me.
She did a thing like that before and at that time I didn't talk with her through a week or so and later when I contacted her it was all fine and pretty nice.
Right now I didn't talk to her for like two weeks - I had a lot of exams and her behaviour on ast course just plainly irritated me, but right now I seem to have too much free time and the thought of contacting her wanders on my mind. Wat do ?
>>
>>16792556
Man up and tell her whatever you want to say, people often regret that they didn't said anything while they still had the chance.
>>
>>16791741
>suddenly tells me she's not ready for a relationship
"there is someone else that I like at the moment and I think I got a chance, you are at best my C or D option, so hang in there buddy when I'm done whoring myself out you might have a chance to raise my children as your own ;)"
There OP. Stop being a cuck and cute contact.
she only reach you when she wants attention but her pretty guys are too busy to give it to her.
>>
Hey guys, OP here. Thanks for the responses. Most of you were helpful.

She called a little while ago and I asked her what was going on between us. She said again that she didn't think she should be in a relationship because of her "craziness" but would not elaborate when I asked her about it. She just kept repeating "I don't know." I told her what I wanted and when she failed to give me an explanation, I told her to have a good night and ended the call.

I'm going to go drink some beers now and play Fallout 4.

Goodnight, everyone.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.