[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I finally did it, after months of applying, I've finally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: Choice[1].jpg (141 KB, 700x540) Image search: [Google]
Choice[1].jpg
141 KB, 700x540
I finally did it, after months of applying, I've finally received a job offer. It's nothing special, just a desk job at my university that pays minimum wage, but it's experience that will actually mean something when I apply for "real" jobs (ie. not fast food or clerk-level retail).

The thing is, I have so many other pending applications and even some interviews I am waiting to hear back from. Some of those jobs I might like better. The problem is, the offer I got wants me to accept within 3 days, far before I could expect to hear back from other jobs.

Is it a bad idea to accept the job I actually succeeded in getting, only to bail a week or two later for something else? Or should I just take this unconditionally and abandon all of the pending jobs?
>>
Given how long it's taken to get this job, do you really think you have a chance at getting one of those other jobs?

>Some of those jobs I might like better
You don't go to work to be entertained
>>
>>16791654

take the job, bail if a better offer appears. no ones going to get personally upset, the boss might be frustrated that they hired someone who left so fast, but if he was offered a better job he'd take it in a heart beat. loyalty is a really fucking retarded concept when it comes to the job market. they have no loyalty to their employees, but expect it unconditionally from them.

it wont matter anyways, you can just ditch and wont have to deal with fallout. just dont list anyone there as a recommendation in the future.
>>
>>16791677
> loyalty is a really fucking retarded concept when it comes to the job market. they have no loyalty to their employees, but expect it unconditionally from them.

Not OP but yeah I can agree with this. Looking for jobs is so hard (I'm going through the same) and they always want such perfect employees when they honestly most of them don't give a rats ass about you.
>>16791654
OP congrats on finally getting something that you seem to be okay with let alone something at all even if you don't take it that's a good accomplishment. I feel your pain though too about it taking so long I'm going through it myself.
>>
>>16791697

its rough. once in awhile you find a great place though, those are worth holding on to.
>>
>>16791663
I can't answer that accurately. I've had interviews I felt were very well done and played to my strengths, only to not even get a call back I didn't make it.

In short, I think so, but you never know with these things.

>>16791677
I'd feel bad since these guys seemed really nice, but I think I've become jaded enough to the whole job market thing I'd probably get over it.

>>16791697
I do think it's an accomplishment, it's just I feel other things could be better. But then, I haven't gotten any of them... Good luck on your search.
>>
>>16791794

trust me you will. this isnt something that would stick with you and most likely they will be a bit annoyed but understanding. they might even claim its wonderful for you. it is a minimum wage job after all.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.