[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, so im in my second semester as a freshman at University.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1455067994599.jpg (36 KB, 624x420) Image search: [Google]
1455067994599.jpg
36 KB, 624x420
Hey, so im in my second semester as a freshman at University. I'm majoring in mechanical and aerospace engineering. But I have been thinking about doing ROTC and go active duty in the Army.
If i go in the military as an officer i want to be commissioned as an infantry officer, armor officer, or join the corp of engineers.

Some of my concerns is that:
After i serve my years and i get out, what are the chances of me landing an engineering job although while in the military i never did anything related to engineering.

If i join what are the chances of me being deployed. (If any of you guys jave seen combat tell me what its like)

Thanks in advance.

What should i expect being an officer in the military - what is it really like being responsible for a platoon?
>>
>>16791493

"chances" mean very little.e about once a day we get someone who posts 'i fucked my girlfriend without a condom. what are the chances she got pregnant?'

as if 'chances' will ease your mind or change anything. so in terms of what are your chances of being deployed... does it matter? you could be. you could not. its almost arbitrary. my brother went in and never got sent to the middle east. other people go straight there.
>>
>>16791499
I honestly dont mind being deployed.
Im just concerned about it for the sake of my parents and other loved ones.
>>
>>16791503

which still wont matter with 'chances'. you either will or you wont.
>>
Don't fucking waste yourself on infantry.
If you're set on Army, use that engineering degree to become a pilot or Corps of Engineers. Just don't do infantry for the love of God. If you're into aerospace and all that stuff, I'd recommend Navy or Air Force through.
Check the military enlistment thread on /k/ for more advice.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.