[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /adv/, Recently I moved in with my brother and his wife.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 0985748602.jpg (30 KB, 552x360) Image search: [Google]
0985748602.jpg
30 KB, 552x360
Hey, /adv/,

Recently I moved in with my brother and his wife. I'll be staying with them for the next 3 months or so. So far everything has been cool. But lately I started to notice something with my brother's wife. She's weird. Like really fucking weird. I didn't notice it before because I didn't live with her, I guess.

She's always mumbling under her breath. Most of the time I can't hear her, but when I do, she's always counting. "1, 3, 5, 7..." Like that. I also noticed she knocks on wood, literally. I said that I hope it didn't rain, and she said "me, too" and then knocked on the door. Ever since then, I noticed she does this - a lot. I decided to keep track, and I'd say she does it at least 70-100 times per day.

But last night really confused the fuck out of me. I asked her if she wanted me to help set the table for dinner and she said no; I thought she was just being polite, so I did it anyway. When she saw it, it looked like I just crushed her hopes and dreams. She told me in the most serious tone, "please don't ever do that again," then rearranged things not too different from how I placed it. I don't understand why it was such a big deal.

There's a lot of other weird stuff I noticed she does, but these seem to be the major ones. It wouldn't be right to ask my brother what's wrong with her, but I know something's not right. Can anyone enlighten me and give me some tips on how to handle it? The last thing I want to do is piss her off more.
>>
Smells like ocd.
>>
Spend as much time with your brother as possible. You won't see him at family events, he won't bring his kids around and they'll recluse into the house they live in. She has an OCD and order problem.

Just build memories with your brother.
>>
>>16791198
It's OCD but doesn't sound crippling yet. She needs things in exactly the right order, is superstitious, uses numbers as a calming charm, etc. Quietly point it out to your brother and then back off. It is ultimately none of your business.
>>
>>16791198
Does she count prime numbers and sometimes speak of 「Heaven」or 「DIO」?
>>
>>16791223
Not being a dick, but I don't understand what you mean by this. They've been married for about 9-ish years and always attend family events together. They also host holiday gatherings at their house every year. As for their kids, they seem to be, well, normal. The only reason why I even noticed is because I've been living with her for the past week, lol. But before she never did any of this in public (I don't think?).
>>16791232
Jw, how bad can OCD get? I thought it was just something like liking things in "rainbow order" or some shit. I didn't know it could be something that actually cripples you.

But yeah, I'll kinda keep it on the dl. I don't want to embarrass anybody or anything.
>>16791239
I don't know if it's just prime numbers or not. And as far as I know, they're not really religious (or at least my brother's not), but she does get all weird if you mention things like possession and movies like The Exorcist.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 300x300
>>16791239
I wish I had a wife who was always babbling about Dio.
>>
>>16791340
>but she does get all weird if you mention things like possession and movies like The Exorcist.
Oh boy. Do she mention something about beetles?

>>16791351
Go see a priest
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.