[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Relationship troubles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1451714325680.jpg (946 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1451714325680.jpg
946 KB, 1920x1080
So i just had my partner of 8 years propose to me, I love him but he hasn't had a job basically the whole 8 years we have been together. I know i must sound stupid i mean if i love him i should stay with him right ? I just feel like im going to be supporting him financially for the rest of my life. What should i do ?
>>
>>16790896
Talk to him about it.

Why the fuck hasn't he worked for eight years? What has he been doing?
>>
>>16790896
If your partner is a lazy ass it is up to you. Support him financially or dump him.
>>
he has been looking for work apparently but i feel like hes always applying for jobs he knows he can't get and when i try to suggest a job he should apply for he says im treating him like a baby and that he looks for enough jobs as it. i mean i think hes kinda depressed from getting rejections from jobs at the same time.
>>
>>16790919
Setting himself up for failure and evasive behaviour is textbook depression. Step one is to get him to admit he has a problem.
Then talk him into cognitive behavioral therapy.

When he has his wellbeing under control, maybe a job, say yes.
>>
Double standard tho if a woman did not work that time span it 1 would b wrong of the man to say wtf id say yes to marry myself as well. 2 can u easily support everything ur self on 1 job? If so dude won't b just not working running a home is work in itself
>>
File: 1413056266397.gif (2 MB, 400x219) Image search: [Google]
1413056266397.gif
2 MB, 400x219
>>16790919
Look mate.

What do you think 10 years down the line looks like with this guy?

Tell me what you think that might look like.
>>
>>16790896
So you mean during these past 8 years it hasn't bothered you that he hasn't worked? Because if it has and you guys were considering marriage, why didn't you bring it up sooner?
>>
Are you a really career-driven individual? If so, a personality-type like your bf might be good bcs he can be a stay at home dad and you can be the bread winner. If you´ve always dreamed of being taken care of and not having the family´s financial stability on your shoulders then best run for it before it becomes too hard for you to find the right guy.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.