[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What university degree should I study? I'm pretty dumb I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1442891947994.cached.jpg (335 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1442891947994.cached.jpg
335 KB, 2000x1333
What university degree should I study? I'm pretty dumb I'm thinking english teacher.
>>
>>16790731
If you're dumb why are you going to university? Do a trade and make a killing.
>>
>>16790731
Don't know the job situation in Australia.

In Germany, I would go for Medicine, Pharmacy, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or something that gives you a government job.
>>
>>16790731
Economics.
>>
Get a degree in womens literature, t b h f a m
>>
>>16790732
>Do a trade and make a killing.

This meme needs to die.

Have fun becoming an apprentice for 4 years earning less then a student to only earn money equal to that of or less of graduating uni students in their first job who btw don't have jobs that fuck you up physically.
>>
>>16790731
Teaching is gonna get super competitive really soon, though that being said there's supposed to be a shortage of maths/science teachers. But shit pay.

I wouldn't recommend engineering, I'm third year EE and from everything I've heard it's kind of bleak for graduates in Australia.

Maybe see if any of your mates' dads can get you an apprenticeship? Or just get a couple part time jobs, take the year off and think about it.
>>
>>16790731
he's cute
>>
>>16790731
Not everyone is dumb on everything. There are types of inteligence. Find your one.

Now, i think you made this just to mock english teachers, but i still take the bait.
>>
>>16790738
ikr?
>>
>>16790736
Oh that's not a meme at all in this country senpai

First year pay is around ~300 to 400 a week for apprentices, and that's for under 21's, if you're older it's higher, that's a lot more than any uni student can make without killing themselves.

Also,
>graduating uni students in their first job
this trend is on the decline a little bit.
>>
File: images.jpg (11 KB, 272x185) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11 KB, 272x185
>>16790731
There's lots of money going into computer assisted learning. It won't be able to replace most teachers but even if there is a reduction of 20% of teachers as a fifth of students are able to learn better independently, that will create a glut of extra teachers. One area that will be completely immune to this is special education. Teaching children with learning disabilities is a growing field, at least in the US, due to equal access laws. Because these kids are outliers, they need individual attention and guidance. It's a safe career unless it suddenly becomes trendy to get a degree in special education (highly unlikely).
>>
>>16790731
Get a degree that will result in actual fucking employment, HR, Management, Consultancy, Slaes, Business, Finance/Brokering etc. Don't fall for the STEM or Arts meme.

All that matters is saving up as much assets as you can and preparing for the war of European extermination which will come very soon. get ready to resist.
>>
Pick a degree that will imply you have some mathematical skill.
You are going to want to be comfortable with stats and calculus by the time you graduate otherwise your degree is pretty much worthless.
>>
>>16790731
Don't choose STEM. Everyone and his brother is choosing STEM and the world is already up to its chin in unemployed STEM majors.
>>
>>16790793
STEM majors were always worthless.
If you choose STEM you need to get at least a masters before being readily employable.
>>
>>16790741
I make 700 a week working 4 nights a week and I'm full time uni

I wouldn't say it kills you, but it's fucking tough
>>
>>16790807
>If you choose STEM you need to get at least a masters before being readily employable.

In your field. Stay away from super specialized majors like BioE and ChemE. MechE and EE are applicable to any company that makes physical things or works on them.

If nothing else STEM grads know how to use excel, problem solve, and crunch numbers. You don't get those skills with a humanities degree.
>>
Law, Culinary Arts and Economics.

Pretty popular for the not-so-bright peeps in my country, myself included.
>>
>>16790743
>HR
Gr8 b8 m8.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.