[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Listen up, if you will, please. I've always assumed you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: vader and sheev.jpg (35 KB, 540x380) Image search: [Google]
vader and sheev.jpg
35 KB, 540x380
Listen up, if you will, please.

I've always assumed you can get no further than your predecessors.
My father worked tirelessly for years, only to have most of it stripped from him at the 2008 financial collapse.
My stepfather was born into money, and has little-to-no say in the matters of finance.

A couple of years ago, I met a someone with significant pull in the community. However, at the time I was focused on furthering my education. He and I shared a rapport, but I never asked him his business.
As alluded, I have not contacted the said individual in years. I know one of his old stomping grounds. Would it be forthcoming to approach him in public and ask for advice or a mentorship?
>>
>>16790617
Your premise is flawed.

My great-great grandparents were peasants somewhere in Eastern Europe.

My grandparents made the impossible-to-imagine journey to America and struggled their way into the working class.

My parents became white-collar middle-class homeowners.

Their children became successful professionals.
>>
>>16790695
The premise wasn't flawed, as it was an assertion of self. As for yourself, you're as hopeless as your working class parents. The 21st century is a collection of mislead, mis-indentured corporatist working class saps.
>>
>>16790754
>>
>>16790754
Which one of us is happy and fulfilled, and which one is miserable and searching for help?
>>
>>16790787
Happiness is a term relative to your own experience, I'm not involved with your experience, so I have an unbiased review.
Misery has nothing to do with my request for assistance, I just needed some voices to pang my thoughts on.
>>
File: 1451545127120.jpg (104 KB, 550x397) Image search: [Google]
1451545127120.jpg
104 KB, 550x397
>>16790617
You sound like a pseudo intellectual. Your speech patterns won't help you in life, and going to someone with influence in society for power is weak when you can make yourself more powerful with technical information that doesn't involve manipulating humans and relationships.
>>
>>16790816
I'm not sure how much more frank I can be with my language, I'm sorry I offended your feelings. I'm curious how working a conventional corporate job can lead to growth in the grand scheme.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.