[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Got Discharged from Military
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 480x343) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 480x343
I got a fraudulent discharge from the military almost a year ago now. How badly is this going to effect my career/ life?
>>
I said career but I actually meant job searching.
>>
Why were you fraudulently discharged?
>>
>>16790391
What is a fraudulent discharge? Do you mean you got a legitimate discharge fraudulently, by faking illness or something?

TIf the discharge is a legitimate one, no one need ever know how you got it. That's between you and your conscience (and maybe the military, if they ever find out).

Incidentally, it might be useful to learn the difference between EFFECT and AFFECT.
>>
>>16790712
Thank you for advice on the grammar. I was a little sleep deprived.

And it was for mental illness but honestly I don't have anything outstanding.
>>
A fraudulent discharge is a type of discharge you get for not putting the correct information on your paperwork prior to going to boot camp. Long story short; it means you lied to the military to get in.
>>
Not good unless it's written exactly why you were discharged and the employer/interviewer actually cares enough to listen to your excuses.
Youd have an easier time looking for a job where a friend can vouch for you personally.
>>
Yeah it's depression like half of the United States already is.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.