[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm meeting up with a girl tomorrow and I don't know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
I'm meeting up with a girl tomorrow and I don't know what to think. So she comes from a country of my cultural background (first generation) and has told me she can help me with shaking the rust off my language skill (she said all I need is practice). Before we really started talking she liked a few posts my mom put on my wall of when I was a little kid and shit (mid 20's so I guess it's more cute than pathetic). We've talked a few times in person, and a few more online. It sometimes seems like I'm the only one to start conversation (is that normal) but she usually answers. So yesterday I asked her to coffee (in English) and she said she doesn't know if she will be here after school (she is doing a year long program at the university so she probably won't be here next year). So I told her I'm not talking about the future and where she'll be and that I'm just asking for coffee. Well it turns out I'm a fucking retard, she meant she didn't know if she would be on campus. She still agreed to go, was supposed to be today but she had to reschedule for tomorrow. So I'm wondering if she knows that I mean this as like an actual date, and if her rescheduling is her just trying to let me down easy. Supposed to meet tomorrow. Haven't been in the game in a while (got out of a long term relationship recently) and, here's where it gets really fucking sad, you guys (4chan) are the only people I can trust/ask about this and I figure this board is the most appropriate place to ask

pic unrelated
>>
Dates are low stress, no commitment things
You can't get serious until you've gone out a few times together
>>
>>16789953
So I shouldn't be looking too far into it?

I guess I'm just worried that she doesn't realize it's a date. I mean she could be going under the pretext to help with my language skills. On the other hand, the way I responded to what I initially perceived was her not wanting to get into a relationship because of the possibility of us not being close to each other probably made it pretty clear that I a looking for a date (I said something along the lines of I'm just looking to the present, living day by day and will deal with the future when it comes to pass. Also for context the ex and I had a lot of discussions/arguments about the future so I guess that's why my mind instantly went there). Though it could also be she is too nice to say over text that she doesn't want anything and is instead planning on doing so in person

Also, sorry for being super neurotic, I'm in law school so it comes with the territory. Add to that no one else to bounce these ideas off of/get feed back and my mind starts to spin
>>
>>16790067
>sorry for being super neurotic, I'm in law school so it comes with the territory
I'm in law school too and I'm just fine. Don't blame external factors for you being fucked up.
>>
>>16790087
I'm fine with everything else, it just gets me in an analytical frame of mind and I admittedly am at fault in that I can't curb that instinct

Also what year are you? 1L here and I hear 2L gets no better, what with journals and interviews for actual paying jobs
>>
>>16790090
I have no idea what 1L and 2L mean because I don't live in the same country as you. I'm in my last year, if that clarifies anything. Also, I'm not >>16789953
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.