[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I quell cravings? Today I am starting two major shifts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 436x264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 436x264
How do I quell cravings? Today I am starting two major shifts - a major diet, and I'm cutting out alcohol (the harder part, since I'm an alcoholic).

I've considered pausing on the diet part until I get a handle on the booze, but does anyone else have any suggestions? I have the urge to consume everything and dinner time isn't very far away.
>>
File: fat-vs-muscle.jpg (43 KB, 509x292) Image search: [Google]
fat-vs-muscle.jpg
43 KB, 509x292
dieting doesn't work. guaranteed failure. learn about nutrition and eat a varied diet. lean complete proteins, vegetables like spinach, broccoli, sweet potato, whole grains like brown rice, ect.

limit sugar, refined carbs. if you weight lift (can be body weight) and build muscle, you will burn more calories throughout the day at rest. you can eat as much as you want really (within reason). burned calories should mostly come through high intensity muscle stimulating workouts. if you try to restrict calories, you may succeed and be miserable for a little bit and lose weight, but you will be skinny fat and that isn't attractive either.

let this picture sink in.
>>
>>16788743

I'm working out alongside the diet. Regardless, I don't eat terribly usually - most of my calories come from alcohol. The reason I'm dieting is to take advantage of the break from the booze while I can.
>>
>>16788755
yes alcohol is loaded with calories, so you're going to need to only drink in moderation, no question. a beer is like 200 empty calories.

and again, dieting doesnt work. nutrition does. you need to properly fuel your body when you workout and hit your macronutrients (fats, carbs, protein) for muscle growth.

i've never had to deal with alcohol addiction, so i wont pretend to know how hard it is, but you have no choice in the matter.

if you're not opposed, weed doesn't have calories, though its not exactly a solution. i ran out of weed few days ago. its the boredom that gets to you. i'm trying hard not to buy more, as i've been smoking daily for like 5 years now
>>
Yeah like the other guy said, diet isn't something you do temporarily and expect to be permanently healthy after.

A diet is a routine. You don't diet, you change your diet. Otherwise nothing happens.

As for quitting booze, you may have trouble falling asleep. Take melatonin before bed, and drink tons of water daily. I have never had alcohol problems so I can't say much about that
>>
>>16788778

Honestly, I'm not going to change my diet fully. I'm not going to become a full fledged health freak. I can stand to lose a few lbs, but I'm an average bmi and such.

Weed isn't an option though. Work and such involves me drinking - can't just light up a toke in the middle of a client meeting.
>>
>>16788869
so what are you asking? how to stop craving an entire cheesecake?
>>
>>16788919

Booze cravings are the bigger deal, and yes, what might help to stop the craving I have for booze by shoving food down my gullet.
>>
1. make sure your environment isn't conducive to acting on your impulses. e.g. don't buy soda at the grocery if you want to stop drinking soda.

2. when you have an impulse, distract yourself with something you're fine with that has a positive feedback. e.g. "man fuck this i'm going out to a bar and getting shitfaced" be aware of the thought, dismiss it consciously, then masturbate (or something else that is immersive and enjoyable for you)

gl OP, it's just a day by day process, it gets easier every day though.
>>
>>16788869
Give it one month of trying to cut down on the booze, you'll notice a huge drop in weight. I switched to a low carb diet in December and I lost 20lbs in about 2 months. I didn't completely eliminate drinking, but I definitely cut down on it a lot. Trust me, you don't need it.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.