[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I get an anime figure without drawing attention?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1449347795636.jpg (59 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1449347795636.jpg
59 KB, 1280x720
I know this is a weird question but I'm a 19 year old guy who's going to college but living with his parents. The thing is that my parents are pretty old fashioned and overall I don't look nerdy at all. I've really wanted to get an anime figure for while but I'm afraid of the reaction since it would seem so unlike me to be into that sort of thing in their eyes. My parents know I watch a bit of anime but the only thing they've ever watched was princess Mononoke(I convinced them to watch it).
>>
>>16787742
>order it online
>get it in the mail
>keep it in it's box in your room wherever

Heck you could even hide it in your closet or a drawer or something and they'd never even know it existed.
>>
>>16787750
How could I get it before them checking the mail first? Could I pick it up at the post office directly?
>>
Why would they open your mail?
>>
>>16787766
Because they don't think it's wrong to check other's mail.
>>
>>16787756
Learn when they get the mail and get there first? Although most packages get delivered directly to our house while the rest of the mail goes to the PO box.

If you're super paranoid then be a man and cough up the money to rent your own PO box. No chance of them getting your mail first and you can pick it up at your leisure.
>>
>>16787742
By not caring what others like/think and not living by what they think you should like and not like.
>>
>>16787756
>>16787771
Parcel motel or some equivalent.
How it works you theres a thing called a parcel motel usually outside places like petrol station, you rent a box for a certain amount of money(Don't think it is expensive).
Order your figure online and enter the shipping address of your parcel motel box.
Drive over and pick it up when it arrives.
>>
Could I just rent it for like a month or do they charge yearly?
>>
>>16787790
I think times are flexable. Its not a big or huge deal it is mainly used for one time things.
I know a lot of /a/nons in your situation or others who don't want a fake loli lower half arriving to their house use it a lot.
>>
>>16787786
>>16787798
Thanks I'll look into it, makes things a lot easier. Worst case scenario they find it and I'll just say my friend gave it to me as a gag gift.
>>
>>16787790
Check online in your area, cost depends on size and location. In my area the smallest box size cost like $20 or so for 3 months minimum. Got what I wanted and paid online, went to the post office with a printed form and showed them ID to finalize it and got my key all in probably less than 10 minutes.

If you have any questions as to the details and receiving packages you might want to ask the post office workers.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.