[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it immoral to date a student of yours once they've graduated?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1445093848842.jpg (150 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
1445093848842.jpg
150 KB, 1440x810
Is it immoral to date a student of yours once they've graduated?
>>
>>16787713

morals are generally defined by religious texts. so crack open your relevant book, or go talk to a religious figure if ur too lazy for that.

but are you REALLY interested in going to hell? or just worried about what people will think of you?
>>
If they're of legal age and they're not just doing it for networking purposes, then no

If you teach high school or younger, though, it might damage your reputation. Lots of people would consider it creepy if you met while she was still a child. If you teach college, and that's where you met her, nobody will care.
>>
Morality is subjective. I would say, assuming you're talking about someone graduating from university, there's nothing wrong with it.

If it's from high school it's different imo. Even though they might be of legal age, there is/was an obvious power relationship between teacher and student at that level which makes any relationship questionable.
>>
No but people will judge the shit out of you. Frankly I had a few teachers who would flirt with me when I was in school and if I met them out drinking I'd hit that so hard.
>>
>>16787713
If they're graduated you should be good i guess.

Don't be like those retarded romance drama's where the dumb ass teacher doesn't wait till then and ends up getting found out and fired.
>>
>>16787713
once theyve graduated you are no longer in a position of authority over them, fucking you does not have the potential to advance their education without their having earned it. i say youre good to go
>>
>>16787713
We need more context here OP

Are you M/F?
What grade/level of schooling so you teach? When did you meet this person?
How old are you two?
>>
>>16787713
Keep it legal and the worst thing to happen will probably be people talking shit behind your back. But who gives a fuck about them?
>>
No just keep it under wraps. I knew a girl that married our math teacher like 2 months after we graduated. Nobody really gave a shit.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.