[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys: If your most recent ex that you quickly moved in with ended
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 429x491) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 429x491
Guys:
If your most recent ex that you quickly moved in with ended up being crazy and making you miserable would you be leery to move in with your current long term gf, even if she stayed with you typically four days a week, and was nothing like your ex, took care of the house, made you happy to be around ect.
My boyfriend and I have been together for a year and a half and has mentioned us living together before but is seemingly backing it up now, when we both need to start looking out for new houses/appartments. Could the situation explained be why?
>>
Possible reasons:

1) He greatly values the time he spends independent of you

and/or

2) he's not as serious about you as you are about him
>>
>>16787480
Or he remembered just how much hair girls leave everywhere
>>
>>16787484
Holy fuck, this. I'm near breaking up with my girlfriend because of this. I didn't believe it was a thing until my soon to be ex gf moved in.

The pillows, the bathroom, the goddamn couch, everything has her hair on it.
>>
>>16787498
Also they use all the toilet paper
>>
File: 1372299698016.jpg (290 KB, 781x661) Image search: [Google]
1372299698016.jpg
290 KB, 781x661
>If your most recent ex that you quickly moved in with ended up being crazy and making you miserable would you be leery to move in with your current long term gf, even if she stayed with you typically four days a week, and was nothing like your ex, took care of the house, made you happy to be around ect.

Oh look, it's me in my next relationship.

Yes, dear god fucks yes I would be wary of it. But I have some pretty severe emotional baggage from this ex and I'm gonna need time to get rid of it.

I mean don't get me wrong, it may be a smokescreen for him for whatever else, but it sure is possible that's the real story.
>>
Thanks guys.
>>16787480
Neither of those seen too likely. He does enjoy free time, but when I'm there for long periods I'll do homework, hang out alone, go out with a friend, ect... So he knows I wouldn't up his ass 24/7
I think he may be worried about me keeping up with rent since I'm a full time student and can only work part time. But he knows my current plan (as of him implying he doesn't want to live with me) would be to live alone, which would involve paying more rent than I would with him. I'm also four years younger, but I keep up with the appartment more than he does sometimes so I hve no idea
>>
I let my last ex move in with me "temporarily" because of shitty circumstances, and then she started acting psycho. It took me about 5 months to resolve the situation without drastic damage to either of us, but it stressed me the fuck out during all of that. Needless to say, as soon as I could get her out, I did, and we broke up basically immediately after that.

All that to say that I will definitely be super wary before allowing a future girlfriend to move in with me. Super wary. My advice to you is to always be on your best behavior when at his place and go the extra mile to show that you'd be a benefit to live with rather than an inconvenience. Also give him a way out in the unlikely event that things don't work while you're living together (i.e. "We can try living together for three months and if it's not working, I'll get my own place and we can go from there."). Even consider putting something in writing.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.