[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your Adverse Childhood Experience (ACE) score, /
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 3005.jpg (77 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
3005.jpg
77 KB, 1280x720
What's your Adverse Childhood Experience (ACE) score, /adv/?

http://www.acestudy.org/ace_score
>>
File: ACE.png (192 KB, 816x948) Image search: [Google]
ACE.png
192 KB, 816x948
Here's the test if you don't trust the link
>>
I come in with a solid 4.
>>
9 reporting in. Fml
>>

Am I a normie?
>>
>>16787212
Normal (or at least, healthy) would be 0.

Hell, I'm a 4, and my parents were straight-up emotionally abusive jerks who fucked up all three of my siblings and I.
>>
>Did an adult or person at least 5 years older than you ever…
>Attempt or actually have oral, anal, or vaginal intercourse with you?

0. But I'm still on here with you for some reason.
>>
>>16787216
Really?

I mean, whose parents haven't divorced or separated to some degree? That and I answer a (shaky) yes to #4. It's hard to remember behind the age of 20/21.
>>

Mom humillated me for a while
Mom slapped me quite frequently when i was really young.

Anyway i know both were normal before this new age shit, but im still salty.
>>
>>16787212
>>16787220
You're less likely to have mental disorders in your adulthood and your life expectancy is greater.
But this test only looks at intra-familial experiences.
Abuse/neglect from teachers, bullying from peers, etc. count as extra-familial experiences.
>>
>>16787247
Clearly developmental psychologists are just hippies who have no idea how parental behavior influences children.
>>
1 because my father used to throw tantrums and almost punch me and I was horrified of him

also I was raped by another boy in the neighborhood but he wasn't 5 years older than me so it doesn't count I guess?
>>
1 according to this, but....why does the fact that my parents both died when I was a kid not count? All you "child of divorce" whiners can blow me.
>>
>>16787298
You sure that he wasn't (8) an alcoholic/addict or (9) depressed or mentally ill?
>>
>>
>>16787311
Death sounds like separation to me.

But yeah this test isn't great. It's not designed to tell you how bad your childhood was. Instead, it's being used in research to determine whether there is a causal link between the experiences listed here and later life problems (mental illness etc.). It's not designed to tell you how bad your childhood was.
>>
>>16787311
>my problem is worse than yours, therefore yours isn't as bad
>this is not how problems work
>>
1. Half of my family is mentally ill.
>>
>>16787165
2. My parents did get divorced and a few times my dad was pretty rough with me. Those were very rare occasions though. Less than five times my whole life.
>>
0. I'm not surprised.
>>
>>16787325
yes, he was just an asshole
unless anger management issues count as mental illness
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.