[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Polyphasic Sleep
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: ss+(2016-02-09+at+12.39.33).png (86 KB, 1168x712) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-02-09+at+12.39.33).png
86 KB, 1168x712
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyphasic_sleep

Has any of /adv/ pulled this off and gotten onto a polyphasic sleep cycle.

I've currently only slept a total of 3 hours in two days 'cause I'm trying to write a game, get a 3.0> GPA B.compsci and be able to relax.

This is virtually impossible if I sleep a regular healthy amount and I'll probably end up killing myself from health complications... so I ask /adv/ for advice
>>
I tried but never lasted more than a month, mostly because something would always come up that wouldn't allow me to sleep at the time I was suppose to sleep and it would fuck up my cycles.
>>
I know that the uberman sleep schedule is a fucking terrible idea according to a study by the US military, but I'm not sure about other forms of polyphasic sleep.

It seems to me something you should talk to a doctor about first.
>>
try to be more effective man.
Most succefull people had only 3.5 hours of sleep per day in their 20s. thats what you should aim.

you will end up burning yourself
>>
>>16787177
This will give you brain damage.
>>
>>16787179
as opposed to 3 hours in two days?
>>
please read this. https://www.supermemo.com/en/articles/polyphasic

I could find five more articles debunking the polyphasic sleep meme with three minutes of googling, but there's no need. In summary: there's no confirmed reports of anybody who's actually followed such a schedule long-term. If you did, it would certainly be disastrous for your health, but you're not going to be able to pull it off anyway.

There are no life hacks that'll make you need less sleep (except ensuring that your sleep is of good quality; eat well and exercise, regulate your stress and anxiety, and keep the room very dark when you sleep with no distractions.) you can rely on caffeine and your alarm clock if it's what it takes to pass your classes, but your health WILL suffer in some way, likely imperceptible to you.
>>
>>16787183
Both will fuck you up, lol.

My parents are both lawyers and I'm pretty sure they kept up a fairly stable sleep schedule in high school, college and law school. Probably had some sleepless nights, but gosh, not a majority.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.