[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am i beta? In the last 18 years its been pretty awkward for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_o1z67yegzc1uclx7qo1_500.gif (2 MB, 441x298) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1z67yegzc1uclx7qo1_500.gif
2 MB, 441x298
Am i beta?

In the last 18 years its been pretty awkward for me and girls leading me to get shunned and that bullying and such.

Ever since i entered uni i become infatuated by looks and crave interactions but that fear of being shunned getting weird looks from people ill be working with prevents me from doing so.

In my mind i like to use people for what they are worth so i always fear that if i spaghetti all over the place or get rejected it would affect my social interactions with them. Overall just them losing respect for me.

So am i beta or an opportunist? I dont interact because it would affect my opportunities but at the same time im scared of the backlash. What would someone who isnt beta do that would get back that respect?
>>
If you use the term beta, let alone ask yourself if you are one. Then yes, you are a beta.
>>
>>16786676
Im not scared of talking to them. Im scared of the after effecting spaghetting all over the place if some bad happens.
>>
It doesn't matter, stop using the word beta if you don't want to be identified with it. Do you honestly think an alpha asks himself if he's a beta or not?

Your question was are you a beta. And I am saying yes you are.
>>
>>16786686
So answer my second question then.
>>
File: 236301.jpg (35 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
236301.jpg
35 KB, 225x350
>>16786670
More people are understanding than you think, and won't give a fuck or even remember if you fumble with your words. You don't get better at interacting with people unless you go out and interact with people anon.

>I don't interact because it would affect my opportunities
I don't even know what opportunities that you are talking about. If they're social, then you don't have any unless you interact with people. Nobody is gonna knock on your door and want to be your friend.

>Am i beta?
I hate using that word. The way I see it, you're afraid of interaction as a result of being bullied and have developed a major inferiority complex towards flirting with girls as a result. It might be the result of a really poor failure or something, but I don't know since I don't know you.
>>
>>16786706
Thanks, opportunties i was talking about was just general things you would ask b your classmates
>>
This has nothing to do with being beta, it means you have extremely low self esteem and confidence.
4chan sure teaches you a lot of bullshit. The majority of men are betas, that doesn't mean the majority of men are ugly nerds who constantly get shunned. That's not what being beta is.
>>
>>16786670
Try and failure is a possibility.

Don't try and failure is guaranteed.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.