[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>go to best buy yesterday >buy an open box computer, meaning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1449790256577.jpg (494 KB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
1449790256577.jpg
494 KB, 2000x1500
>go to best buy yesterday
>buy an open box computer, meaning it was used.
>as it's my last two weeks there the manager gives me a discount
>he rings me up incorrectly
>on my receipt it now says I bought a new item instead of a used one
>want to return as it I am unable upgrade it and it was way too expensive
>don't want to return it to the best buy I work at because it looks like I'm shitting on the manager

How exactly do I return the computer? The receipt says I bought a new one where as I actually bought a used one.
>>
>>16786648
You work at Best Buy but you have no idea what the return policy is, or the procedure for returning something?

Why does it matter that it's not new? And why do you think you'd be shitting on the manager if you return it?

Take it back to the store, return it.
>>
>>16786662
>>16786662
I know the return policy and that's why I'm worried. It looks like I'm trying to return something different than what I bought.

They might not take it back and then I'm fucked with an 800 dollar machine that if anything goes wrong with it I'm stuck with.

The manager gave it to me for half off.
>>
>>16786648
>>16786691
If you care about your store, explain the fuck up because they need to fix that shit in the system.

What kind d of employee are you that you don't know how the open box shit works? Once they fix it pawn it off on the other store.
>>
>>16786698
I should have checked the receipt yeah that was my fault.

I mean I figured the manager would have done it correctly but you know.
>>
>>16786691
Next time you should just build your own.
>>
>>16786691
What, the serial number of the computer isn't recorded with the purchase?

How exactly do you think they can tell the difference between a "new" computer and a "used" computer?

And if you think the manager is doing something that's going to fuck you, why do you care if it looks like you're shitting on them?
>>
>>16786705
No, dude, go to your store and explain. They need to return-rebuy To get the open box out of the system. I worked at Best Buy for six years.

It was a mistake, they'll fix it. Then you can go to the other store to do the actual return.
>>
>>16786711
I don't think the manager was trying to shit on me I think it was just an accident more or less.

I only see the SKU on the receipt. So this is why I'm really nervous about it. It might appear to them that I'm trying to pull something when I'm not.

>>16786713
I'd figure that would be the best. I mean I worked in the warehouse for about two years and I know what a headache it can be when shit like this happens.

So if I go there with my receipt and the open item they'll return it? Even though it's a new in box item?
>>
>>16786723
You should've said you were warehouse man, now it makes sense that you don't know procedure.

1. Go to your store
2. Explain the fuck up, show that it was sold as new and the open box tags
3. They'll fix it

Then, either return it at your store or the other store (if you want to be nice to your store)
>>
>>16786735
Oh OK.

I mean I just don't want the GM pulling me into a side room asking me why I'm trying to steal something or them calling the cops on me. I mean is this sort of stuff common?

I know at my store stupid stuff happens, like the front people once gave out a Alienware desktop instead of laptop and lost 1500 dollars in the process.
>>
>>16786750
No, dude, that shit isn't going to happen. Look on the box for the open box tags.
They should have a barcode and a very long number, a 1 followed by five or six 0s and then some other numbers.

If that number isn't on your receipt, and the item number is the same, your store wants to fix the inventory mistake that manager fucked up.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.