[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm ready to commit suicide, I have nothing to live for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 400x508) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 400x508
I'm ready to commit suicide, I have nothing to live for anymore and nothing can change my mind about it, I'm done with this awful world. What's the most effective method of suicide? And how do I make sure I write a note that'll hurt my family the least amount?
>>
>"I have nothing to live for"
You apparently have family that cares about you. Isn't that something to live for?

The world isn't an awful place like you feel it is. This is literally just bullshit fed to you by your depression or another mental illness. It's not perfect, but it's still beautiful.

There's no reason for you to feel this way forever. Get psychiatric help. You're throwing away a perfectly good life for absolutely no gain.

I understand how you feel. I've been there -- a lot. I've been depressed for 7 years straight and I had my first electroconvulsive therapy treatment today because 14 medications haven't worked and neither has dialectic and cognitive behavioral therapy.

Depression is a hard thing to handle, but once you get a handle on it, life can be great. Things will improve. You just have to try.

It's not like you lose anything if you get treatment. I mean, if you're ready to kill yourself, can life get a whole lot worse?
>>
Under the assumption you're underage and therefore have no access to a gun, I'd suggest hanging. It's an effective and instantaneous method.
>>
>>16786147
But at least if I kill myself I don't have to endure day after day of this horribly shit life. My friends don't exist. I have never had another person fall in love with me. My family have my best interests at heart but they can't help me and I feel so far from them.

I have been trying for so long. So so long. And I just can't do it anymore. I really want out.
>>
>>16786172
Might also be that youre repressing feelings of hatred towards them I used to think my family was great, until my therapist pointed out that I fucking hated them. Now I think theyre toxic shit
>>
>>16786139
Are you male or female?

Whats your age?

Are yoi in theUS?

Depending on how you answer these you could have somthing to live for. Atleast to try out. Before you off yourself
>>
How about you put aside what YOU want and you accomplish what God wants and what he put you on this Earth to do.

So you haven't had meaningful connections, so what? At least you weren't born a midget or blind.
>>
>>16786189
I really appreciate all that my family has done for me. I would miss them the most but I don't think I can live for them and then still put up with everything else.

>>16786190
Female
Eighteen
Australia

There's literally nothing. I actually can't deal with this anymore.
>>
>>16786198
I'm an atheist, so please don't argue with me using religion, it doesn't mean anything to me.

And I know others have it worse, but that doesn't really affect my personal situation much (sorry). Pain can be relative.
>>
>>16786198
Although religion is nonsense, there is some truth to that. Following your own personal ideology (do not harm others, be yourself, defend the weak etc.) one can find meaning in an otherwise meaningless life
>>
>>16786200
Want to make between 3-5k a day shooting videos? In all seariousness though i look at it this way its better to run from the things causing the pain and start over instead of just ending it. Also this is a good msg even though i cant copy paste it https://play.google.com/music/preview/Tjnyuczbe76k5xkiiypes2luzyy?lyrics=1&utm_source=google&utm_medium=search&utm_campaign=lyrics&pcampaignid=kp-lyrics
>>
>>16786205
Sigh :( this makes me so sad because I used to be a religious person, but I found it really unfulfilling and saddening, like perhaps I was a failure in God's eyes because everything went downhill so quickly for me. I started being an atheist after that and instead worked on making my own values, but those haven't brought me anywhere. I try so hard to treat others with kindness, to not steal or hurt, to not gossip, etc.

It hasn't done anything for me. I am so sick of trying to fix my life and making it more damaged.
>>
>>16786214
You should definetly read the lyrics in that link i posted
>>16786212
>>
>>16786139
I was there

get through life until it stops being so shitty, you'll thank yourself eventually
>>
>>16786214
Sounds like you've been left disappointed. So its understandable that youre feeling grief, no fault in that, just sayin
>>
Dawm if only i lived in australia i would try and help you in person. Not trying to sound like a creep im being searious
>>
>>16786218
I guess. Still it's really really sad and hard to deal with. At least suicide can take me far away from it.

>>16786222
It's not the first time it's happened. My whole life is me trying and trying to make ends meet but ending up more broken than before. I haven't been left disappointed, it's like I was born to be unhappy. I really don't want it anymore
>>
>>16786139
Did you ever get any professional help?
>>
>>16786230
Fair enough, sounds like a miserable life all right. Have you sought psychiatric help?
>>
>>16786244
Yeah. It made me feel like I was a child, they treated me so emotionlessly/systematically. I guess to them I was just another statistic of people who put off suicide another year.
>>
>>16786248
Feeling suicidal isnt uncommon. And yeah ive met professionals whove seemed disinterested about me too, but theres good ones too. Just gotta find them
>>
>>16786172
>I have been trying for so long.

Has anyone been helping you?
>>
>>16786200

Lifeline:
13 11 14

Kids Helpline
1800 55 1800

Online chat available for both, and you can also just call 000 or go to your nearest hospital.

Please. You're so fucking young. It's taken barely a 5th of your life for things to get this bad, there's so much time to make things better. The pain can still go away, just let someone hold you up for just a little longer until you're strong enough to walk on your own again.
>>
>>16786481
But nobody can hold me up anymore, I don't feel a connection of any kind to anyone around me. Rejection upon loneliness upon isolation ad nauseum. :( it's the most horrible cycle and I can't imagine anything worse for me
>>
>>16786139
>>16786172
>>16786200

You're 18. You haven't really experienced adult life yet at all.

>my friends don't exist
Make some!
>never had another person fall in love with me
You are so young. There are so many who find love much later on in life. Young years are for FUN. Besides, love is not the only thing to live for.

I find that true happiness exists in what you can give to the world and not what you take from it. You can start by looking at your family and thinking of how to make them happy (first of all, DO NOT kill yourself. That shit is selfish)
>>
>>16786200

Although I feel your angst, suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Many people who try and fail, start to regret their action half way in. To that end, AND to cause the least pain to your friends and family I suggest an accident, that you can back out of half way through if you see the waste of your action. Also don't cripple yourself.. That would be deeply stupid.
>>
Wow guys. Opie wanted specific advice because s/he intended to suicide, but everyone here is guilt tripping him or her into staying alive. Even the first post. Also cue the religious shit

Why does this always happen on /adv/? Someone wants to kill themselves so you let them. Some people just don't want to live anymore. It does more harm forcing them to be alive in a meaningless world, than it does to give them the sweet release of death

As for actual advice Opie, the note, I would just bring up memories you had with your family. Good thoughts. Try to tell them you'll be gone but never forgotten. Apologize. Say you love them. Make it count because this will be the last they hear from you
>>
>>16786500
>Make some!
Yeah, that's what I've been TRYING TO DO basically MY WHOLE LIFE. I have never ever had a firm or solid friendship with anyone and I've tried tried tried so hard for it. Believe me, if I could make friends, I would. I wouldn't even be here if I could.

>Young years are for FUN.
I don't know you personally (and vice versa) so I don't blame you for not knowing to which extent I've felt rejection from so many people (and I mean, so so many) which has left me in this constant state of feeling so alone from everyone, so far away from ever being wanted by anyone. I want so badly to be in love and have someone to be with.

>That shit is selfish.
No offence meant, but I disagree. I am so so so so so sick of this shitty, disappointing life I endure. I've spent my whole life putting others before me. I think if I ever did anything for myself it'd be this.
>>
My best advice for the note would be a reassuring farewell. Like this:
>Please don't blame yourselves, you were nothing but a joy in my life. I'm sorry to leave you all, but I am ready to die. I am at peace with it, and I can only apologise for the hurt this might cause you. I'm sorry, and goodbye.
>>
>>16786517
>Yeah, that's what I've been TRYING TO DO basically MY WHOLE LIFE. I have never ever had a firm or solid friendship with anyone and I've tried tried tried so hard for it.

I don't know how to say this in a way that won't sound patronising, but you're just so young still. Your brain is still developing, and it's going to be developing for a good few years still. Your entire way of life is going to go through such changes, in 10 years you won't recognise yourself. There's a reason everyone forgets what it was like to be young, because time passes so much quicker once you're out of that foxhole.

What you're experiencing right now is not going to be your whole life. If you can get through this, there's still a whole other side to see.
If the way you've been living isn't working and has brought you here, do yourself the favour of trying something new.
>>
>>16786164
>hanging
>effective and instantaneous
Only if done properly. No one ever does it properly. Too much vertical space required.
>>
>>16786481

> This.
>>
Don't. You have friends.
>>
>>16786200
You're fucking 18 living in one of the richest countries in the world.
I'd kill a baby to live in Australia, consider yourself lucky. There are people that struggle everyday just to surivive.
>abloo bloo u dont understand me no one does!!!1
Get off 4chan and out of the house, get yourself a boyfriend and get some practice.
You're so fucking young, you make me mad. Learn to play guitar, paint, do whatever the fuck you want. You're living life on easy mode.
But step 1 is to get off the Internet.
>>
>Female
>18
there's your problem

here's a more grounded explanation. neurological development has the limbic system well developed by the teens, however, more executive functions of the frontal lobe are still maturing. so there is a LAG between emotion and control. this is why people feel things a lot more strongly when they were in high school but can schedule their day, go to work, and do things they don't like for long periods of time when they're older. in other words, you grow out of it. you control. you understand things better and feel less when you age.

a sociocultural perspective would put you in the 21st century where the younger generation tends to catastrophize or overemphasize things. see the fairly recent Harvard halloween issue, where students reacted to a faculty member violently for allowing halloween costumes, because the students found them to be "offensive to other cultures" e.g. white girl dressing as Mulan misappropriating asian culture. you were born in this time, so you as well are swayed to be anxious over more verbal rather than physical issues.

but enough of the psych lecture. let's try some therapy.

what makes you think you have no friends?
>you give an answer, this/that belief
how does that make you feel?
>sad, anxious, etc.
then i find some contradiction in your logic, let you see it for yourself and accept it, then give you a new perspective.

new belief leads to -> new feelings, new actions

the process isn't that quick, but i'm giving you the groundwork to deal with it yourself.

a more personal way of dealing with it would be this.

what about having no friends? what about not being loved? perhaps you have no friends because you're a bad friend. i am giving you the locus of control now. normally, that would give the patient too much anxiety, but here. so people don't like you. now what? do you want them to? would you be friends with yourself? no? then what kind of person would you be friends with? what does this person do?
>>
File: an hero.png (655 KB, 1111x1887) Image search: [Google]
an hero.png
655 KB, 1111x1887
>>16786596
can you do what this person does? try. imagine this chair is your friend and she seems mad. what would a friend do?

see, you can do it.

>but what if they don't like me?

then they don't. a therapist would find some way to dodge the question or give an easier answer, but this is just how it works. some people hate each other just because that's who they are. the individuality of this person is against the very ideals and reasoning of another. or they just dislike you because of their mood, upbringing, social status, race, etc. the reason matters less than the inevitable fact. that's why when the bell rings and class ends, everybody segregates into their groups. it isn't one big happy family where everybody's buddies. they have cliques because they share traits/interests. people are outside of that clique because they do not. that's why you think about this one person after class, and not this other. people are already disliking each other, and have always been. but it's not static. what proof do i have of that?

because everybody who is a friend, was a complete stranger before that.

it hurts when people don't like you. but you can't get away from people. that's the paradox of being a social creature. take the pain as payment for possible connections. like an investment. we're all paying for it. we're all afraid of rejection, but we brave it. because it's worth it. otherwise, we'd all be alone like you. and you don't want to be you. so don't.

change.

or do pic related. really. you are the only benefactor to your life, so you're the only one who loses out when you die. nobody can enjoy this life or protect it but you. nobody can make your friends for you. nobody can fall in love for you.

it's yours. the good and the bad
>>
File: 150px-Question_mark.svg.png (3 KB, 150x263) Image search: [Google]
150px-Question_mark.svg.png
3 KB, 150x263
Why do you wanna kill youself???
>>
Seek help from a therapist. It helped me.
>>
>>16786139
Seek help from a therapist. It helped me.
>>
>>16786139
If you wanna really go through with it, i suggest 1st of all you make the letter count, 2nd i would try the helium gas tank method, cheap and effective . If on the other hand you are not sure, don't do this to yourself, it will only make things worse for those around you, i know i sound cliche as fuck, but i've lost 2 friends and 1 half brother to this shit, and trust me it gets ugly sometimes.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.