[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's currently 2:30 and I have 7 more pages in a paper to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: genericshutterstock.jpg (187 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
genericshutterstock.jpg
187 KB, 425x282
It's currently 2:30 and I have 7 more pages in a paper to type.
Anyone who's overcome a severe addiction to procrastination before (not joking, it's miserable): how did you do it?
Staying up all night has become a regular thing for me and my life is literally falling apart. And no, I can't just "leave now and type the paper." Maybe what I need is serious help, but are there any tricks I can use right now to make myself work?
>>
Nope.
You can't trick your brain into having willpower. You need to find for yourself on how to tap into it. Giving advice on it is pointless. Just keep at it and don't give up.
>>
I can just speak from personal experience here, but I think it's kinda possible to "trick" your brain in that regard.

There may be several reasons why you are procrastinating - you might be afraid of an uncomfortable situation, or your brain is constantly thinking about how much work it is, and bothj these thoughts are sapping your willpower to the point where you can barely function anymore.

At least for me it help to not focus on the task/situation at hand - it's better to focus on the point where you have already done it, because at this point you are so glad that it's totally worth it. And you will be mad at yourself, because you could have had this feeling the entire time.

Just keep focusing at the end of the path, anon, and not at the path itself.
>>
>>16786115
I really needed this, thank you
>>
>>16786127
I am suffering from depression pretty much myself and right now try to get my shit together. In twenty minutes I'll have to go into the city, getting some documents printed, and then go to the local office and explain my situation.

I am scarred as fuck. But I know that after I have done it I will feel better because it's over now.

That's what's keeping me driving.
>>
>>16786091
well what works is self reflection.
You have to hit something while reflecting that just flips a switch. And then just keep that switch on(that is the hard part).
For me it was: If I say I will do work tomorrow what will future me think tomorrow? The exact same thing. My personality won't magically change unless I do something. So yes you can just get up and work IF you find that thought that might change your way of thinking.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.