[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your advice for a 20 year old being emotionally and mentally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 2014-03-10 16.25.49.jpg (2 MB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
2014-03-10 16.25.49.jpg
2 MB, 1936x2592
What is your advice for a 20 year old being emotionally and mentally abused at home? People keep telling me to gtfo but it's not that simple. I'm in school and am working a part time minimum wage job. I have thoughts about killing my step dad. It seems to be the only way out.
>>
>>16785213
I should also add that I deal with severe depression and anxiety so it's hard for me to really do anything.
>>
Spend less time at home to avoid abuse. Save up enough money to move out. Boom. Don't ever let your stepdad's bullshit drive you to murder and therefore ruining your prospects of a good life. Just weather the storm and get out as quick as you can.
>>
No, the only way out is through the door. The abuse can stop when you leave them alone to kill each other.
>>
>but it's not that simple
No it quite literally is.
If I know people who moved out illegally at 16, /working/ illegally at 16, still attending HS full time and doing well enough to get a full-ride scholarship to state university, then your bitch ass can move out too.
>>
Are you seeing a therapist? That can really help. It helps with depression and anxiety, too.

I have issues with my emotionally abusive parents but they got a lot more aloof and just kind of checked out of my life (even though I live with them) after I turned 18, which is much better than the alternative of parents who harass me for being depressed and not getting into Yale.
>>
Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Getting Abused At 20 Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From Your House Like Nigga Move Out Haha
>>
>>16785252
I would have to be homeless for a while. Wouldn't that be worse?
>>
>>16785213

>murder is the only way out.

no. you have a choice. its not a great choice, but its still a choice. the moment we start pretending like we DONT have a choice is the moment we decide that we are no longer human. we are now simply tool and objects that the universe pushes and moves. we are action figures.

you can drop out. you can take out a bigger student loan to pay for living expenses. you can sell your eggs, or if a man, your sperm or your kidney.

it may not be that 'that simple' but thats the point of options. it would be simple if you had no choice. but you do have choices. life is about deciding what is the lesser of two evils, going with that, and sticking it out until you've paid your dues and paved your way to the goal lifestyle you are working toward.

part time minimum wage is often enough to get a shared bedroom with 3 other people. not ideal, but perhaps better than your current life.

>>16785217

>so its hard for me to really do anything

no. its the same level of hard as everyone else in that exact same situation. you just drag your feet and whine. if you cannot make the decision to do something than again, you are no longer a person, you are an object.

choose not to be an object. destiny may be hard to carve out, but it sounds better than the drivel you are insisting life must be.
>>
>>16785257

>i would have to be homeless for awhile. wouldnt htat be worse

you couldnt save up a little first then move out into a shitty shared room apartment?
>>
>>16785257
>homeless
>murderer

Really, which is worse?
>>
>>16785309
Part time minimum wage is 400 a month. An appartment is about 800. With four people, half your income would go to rent alone.
>>
>>16785347

i guess it depends what your other expenses are. perhaps you need 3 to a room? i knew some guys that lived 4 to a room for the longest time, and it was crazy. by which i mean, one studio apartment, not a bedroom and then seperate living room and such. you can also try to find other ways to make cash. for instance i went to a school wehre people werent so tech savvy. for 20 bucks id get them 5 movies, in theaters or new on dvd, all on their thumb drive. similar deals for tv shows.

netflix kinda ruins it for most TV shows, but you can do similar things, get them programs and show them how to install, new video games, etc.

its all about finding a niche market and making the most of it.

there is also student loans, personal loans, and lines of credit that can help extend you out.

the question becomes which do you prefer, living with 3 people in a single room, or being emotionally abused by your step father?

i imagine all of this is better than being a murderer, so do with that what you will.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.