[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Korean or Japanese?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1442647387907.jpg (969 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
1442647387907.jpg
969 KB, 2048x1365
Hey everyone,
So I am a student and I am currently fluent in 2 languages (English and French.) I am also studying Spanish and in less than 2 years I am near fluent thanks to my French. Starting around last September, I began studying Japanese by myself as there is no program in my school or anywhere near. I have not made much progress, but I know 1 of 3 alphabets and I am working on Vocabulary, phrases etc. I am also "involved" with a Korean girl and I have recently been watching lots of Korean TV. I have not started learning Korean whatsoever, but I wondering what I should study. I originally wanted to study Japanese due to the culture, women and a close friend of mine was also studying it (and still is.) Now that I have been introduced to Korean culture and language, I am at a crossroad. I am very good with languages so It may be possible to learn both Korean and Japanese, but considering the fact that I would have to use my own time, it would take a LONG time. I am currently considering a few options: 1. Drop Japanese for Korean and continue Spanish 2. Continue Spanish and Japanese and disregard Korean 3. Try to study all 3 4. Drop Spanish and Study Korean and Japanese. I am seriously confused on what to do and I would give anything for some advice. Thank you so much for reading till the end.
>>
>>16784685
Korean is marginally easier to learn than Japanese (speaking from experience). You will have a better time with Korean until you get into the harder grammar/honorific systems. If the girl is your reason for studying Korean, ask her how she feels about you learning it and maybe helping you study sometime. If you do not know both phonetic alphabets for Japanese, what are you doing. It takes a week, tops, of flashcard use to pick up both alphabets. If you've been studying for like 6 months, you should be trying to pick up some kanji by now. At this point, if doing Korean will further your relationship with this girl and you don't have any strong attachment to Japanese, why not just switch to Korean.

Spanish is a language with high utility. I would recommend finishing out studying Spanish to whatever level you are comfortable with before picking up the second Asian language.
>>
I cant reply for some reason.
>>
>>16784724
there's literally only one post - if you're too new to work the reply system then just write another post
>>
No I mean Im getting a "connection error" whenever im repling to someone else's post so...
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.