[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Girlfriend wants to break up when she goes to college
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: download (12).jpg (6 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
download (12).jpg
6 KB, 225x224
She'll be about 2 or 3 hours away, and she's always dreamed about college being a "fresh start" for her.

While I completely understand why she wants this, it's still hard to think about. How do I come to terms with it? Should we break it off now or try to make every last second we have count?

This has been having me down in the dumps for a while now.
>>
>>16784440
Emma it now, you are worth more
>>
>>16784440
>Should we break it off now

Fuck yes. She can't wait to hop on somebody else's dick and that's just the excuse she's looking for.

It's all over, buddy. Time to move on.
>>
>>16784440
>Should we break it off now or try to make every last second we have count?

No one can tell you which is better for you. It's entirely up to the way you handle loss. In my case, I knew a year in advance that I'd be moving to another country for grad school. I told the guy I was dating at the time and we both agreed we'd be cool just riding it out til I had to go. Sure enough, the day I left, I kissed him goodbye and we called it quits. Totally amicable. But both of us were 25+, so we had the maturity to know ourselves and what we would be happy with.

If you're really emotional, overly attached, or if you think it'd be harder on you to wait til she leaves for good... maybe it will be best for you to break it off. You need to do some soul searching. But ultimately, yes, your relationship is doomed.
>>
>>16784440
Wooooooow what a bitch, if she really loved you she'd keep you.

Do you want to keep her? Maybe she feels it will go down hill when she leaves?

Idk, my bf is 3 hours away in uni & we still plan to stay together
>>
>>16784453
>we plan

That's nice. The best laid plans don't always work. OP's gf is not a bitch for saying she'd be happier breaking up. It's good of her to tell OP and give him an out, as opposed to dropping it on him the day she leaves, or worse, breaking up long distance a few weeks into her college career. I wouldn't call her bitchy. I'd call her a pretty forward-thinking person for communicating her thoughts while taking into consideration the effect her choices have on others.
>>
>>16784445
>>16784446

Either that or, you know, doesn't want to have to deal with the stress of a long distance relationship, wants to focus on her studies, there are plenty of other reasons.

Not every single female mindlessly chases dick
>>
When I went to College, my high school girlfriend and I stayed together, and it ended up being a huge mistake. We were both very much non-confrontational kinds of people, so we strung it along for her senior year and broke it off halfway through her freshman year at school.

I stayed true and loyal to her all this time, and I genuinely believe she did the same. We phoned and texted everyday, saw each other every couple of weekends, but we drifted apart.

I regret it, because there were relationships that I wanted to explore at College, but stopped myself from doing out of loyalty. As she was making new friends and a new life at her college, the thrill of one another faded into non-romantics.

I maintain to my younger acquaintances now that making a division between high school and college relationships is not only crucial, but healthy as well. You too, OP, will be grateful for such a fresh start when you begin college.
>>
>>16784440

Not up to us to determine whether she's just making excuses, but I can promise you one thing, fighting this will only make it worse. Even if you do manage to talk her out of the breakup, it's just going to build up resentment that's going to resurface later on down the road when the stresses of studies and a LDR bring everything full circle.

My last breakup fucked me up, and I fought hard against it, but looking back now, I know that if I had talked her into sticking around, it just would've made her hate me more and lead to an even worse breakup in a few weeks or months.

Might be time to let this one go, homie. End it on your terms and without lingering questions.
>>
>>16784452
Alright, I think I do want to ride it out, I want to make every second I can with her count.

She also said if were still in contact down the line she could very well see us trying again then. But I guess shes right that we both have a lot of living we should be doing, hell I'm in my second semester and sometimes I find the experience just feels kinda.... empty, I'm not really meeting new people, trying new things, partying or any of that. I always dreamed of college being the craziest, most fun time of my life and desu it really hasn't happened.

Maybe this'll be good for me too.

Thanks, you actually helped a lot
>>
>>16784440
>she's always dreamed about college being a "fresh start" for her.

translation i want to ride the cock carousel in college . OP be very careful she might try to monkey branch you after she had her fun in college. all the asshole who are going to use her like a cum rag in college are not going to want her and she will come crawling back to you. op do not be a cuck and take her back.
>>
>>16784461
If she wants to dump him"later" why put out of. Every interaction will be made stressful thinking of the pending breakup
>>
>>16784501
Unless your mature about it an realize there's no sense moping about it and make every second count
>>
>>16784494
Dude, a woman who engages in casual sex on her own terms is not a "cum rag." Newsflash: women dig sex just as much as men, and it is totally normal and healthy for any person to participate in multiple sexual encounters over the course of a lifetime.

Read a book, fucking twelve-year-old.
>>
File: 1452200425910.jpg (40 KB, 345x343) Image search: [Google]
1452200425910.jpg
40 KB, 345x343
>>16784515
>spot the slut: easy mode
>>
File: grin.jpg (24 KB, 300x273) Image search: [Google]
grin.jpg
24 KB, 300x273
>>16784516
>>
>>16784440

You're red flags should be sounding like crazy about now.

I remember in high school, a lot of my graduating friends were in relationships (including me) probably due to pressure to find a prom date and then things just going from there.

I'm now 26 so that was about 8 years ago. Only ONE of them are still together to this day (married) and that's because they were both hardcore Catholic or Orthodox, can't remember. In fact, not only is nobody else together, I think even the most devoted couples didn't last even an entire year after HS graduation.

Just accept that this one is over, OP. Her words are a big red flag but be thankful that this happened now rather than later. I don't want to see that stupid suicidial picture in your original post. This is just what EVERY girl does at your age. They play mind games with you, screw you over, one will give you heartbreak but guess what....you become better, learn from your mistakes, become alpha, and learn the true nature of women. They don't do this because they're cruel, 95% of American women have no idea what they want at that age. There's so much cultural indoctrination you can't expect them to think rationally.
>>
At least she had the decency to cut if off from you when she decided to get on that college cock carousal, most poor souls just get cucked without knowing it
>>
>>16784537
The great thing is, I can easily see myself remaining friends with this girl.

I know a lot of times it doesn't work, but for some reason I feel like just hanging out and chatting as friends won't be all awkward and sad for some reason/
>>
>>16784515
>Getting this upset over someone saying cum rag
Would you rather it be 'whore'? Both are true.
>>
>>16784440

I haven't read the rest of the thread so maybe someone already said this - but I would say just break it off now because you seem at least a bit attached to your girlfriend while she unfortunately doesn't see it the same way. If you also saw her as "just a girlfriend" then continuing til she left would be fine, but in this case you're not going to get anything out of continuing it from this point so just start moving on from her now.
>>
>>16784461
>Not every single female mindlessly chases dick
my sides
>>
>>16784575
IMO if you ever see a relationship your in as "Just another relationship" you probably shouldn't be in it at all.
>>
Yep another useless cumdumpster off to riding the dick of college Chads, this is how it always happens, nothing to see here

It really sucks for you OP but hopefully you will find a loyal reliable girl.
>>
>>16784583

Do you fall in love with your partner the first day you meet them? If not, then every relationship is "just another relationship" until it possibly turns out to be more meaningful and potential life partner material. Obviously OP's relationship hadn't reached that stage, and IMO if it hasn't then attempting a long-distance relationship is almost definitely going to be miserable most of the time, and most likely end badly on top of that.
>>
Why does everyone on this board assume every single girl is a cheating scumbag cum dumpster?

Are you fuckers that depraved
>>
>>16784610
We don't assume, we know
>>
>>16784610

This is what happens when people are hurt, anon ;_;.

And pretty much everyone, male or female to clarify, will cheat if they are with a partner who they are not happy with and don't really respect, but can't "justify" breaking up. Cheating/betrayal may be morally worse, but the most or all of any person's motivation to be moral comes from what others think of them, so the option where they may not be caught is always the most attractive option for one's conscience.

So in short, technically the answers to both your questions are yes.
>>
>>16784440
LDRs are rarely viable, especially at such a young age. It's very socially limiting to try and maintain this relationship when you have so many opportunities to meet new people and interact with them closely, instead of straining your long distance relationship while missing out on social opportunities. There's a reason why the "turkey dump" - breaking up with your high school gf/bf during Thanksgiving - is a thing. I'm not sure who hurt the anons that are posting about cock carousels... I disagree and think your gf is just being realistic, and this is a good idea for both of you. The only people I know that are still in their HS relationships are my cousin and her boyfriend - both are religious as fuck and decided to go to the same college together. Anyway, I think it's totally possible to have a casual relationship for the time being.

Also holy fuck, the rest of you kids. Can you either mature or gain some more life experience? Hopefully both.
>>
>>16784440
The only part of this that sounds like a red flag is the words "fresh start". It makes it sound much more like she's just excited to try dating others. If she was just afraid of a difficult LDR, why would she bother saying that?
>>
>>16784610
>Why does everyone on this board assume every single girl is a cheating scumbag cum dumpster?

experience.
to be fair, its not just women. most people in general are scumbags, regardless of their genitalia.
>>
>>16784440
She's breaking up with you to fuck other men
>>
>>16784665
>I think it's totally possible to have a casual relationship for the time being.

Funny you mentioned it, she straight up said she'd be down to hook-up and shit if I ever came up to visit her.
>>
>>16784761
Sounds good but dont fall for her again, and dont buy her shit.
>>
start talking to other girls while you two are still together. you're more desirable when you already have a girlfriend. then you can lie to the new girl and say you broke up with your old girl so you could be with them.
>>
>>16784440

She clearly isn't that into you. Would you rather you stay together so she can date/fuck a bunch of dudes and you don't even know?

Consider your lucky.
>>
>>16784781
Last breakup I had I felt like a had no one and feel into some really bad depression for about a year.

She actually said she wants me to start meeting people so that doesn't happen when she goes away.
>>
Just have a nice last fuck and be done with it kid.

Shes a fucking whore like all women, at least you won't reach your twenties as a virgin.
>>
>>16784559

You sure about that? Most guys say that until they see her with another dude in person.
>>
File: V__B942.jpg (381 KB, 1195x1593) Image search: [Google]
V__B942.jpg
381 KB, 1195x1593
>>
>>16784440
3 hours away is nothing.

Break it off. Grieve. Hurt. Cry. Spiral in and out of self loathing and depression. Heal. Get better. Move on. She won't be your last.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0gw2MVJ6Ko
>>
>>16784515
you know sluts are the male version of nice guys because they both give their value away too easily. both are very unattractive traits.

>totally normal and healthy for any person to participate in multiple sexual encounters over the course of a lifetime.

hahahahaah this is what sluts actually believe newsflash you are putting yourself at risk of sexual transmitted diseases and developing emotional baggage from assholes treat you like a cumdumpster. also if you are a guy you are risking false rape charges.child support.paternity fraud and stds.
>>
>>16784440
Yes, break up now. You're just wasting time on someone you don't have a future with otherwise. You guys could still bone as fuck buddies if you're both amicable, but start seeing other people.
>>
File: 5798457948.png (61 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
5798457948.png
61 KB, 640x430
>Been with girl for 1.5 years
>senior in high school
>she is attending college 2.5 hours away
>we see each other every weekend
>promised to each other, plan on marriage after college
>homework and other things keep up busy
>not dealing with a relationship during week benefits us both
>only downside is that weekdays are limited to call/text/skype

There's no reason that three hours won't work. She wants to literally fuck Chads. You are losing nothing of value. Sorry, OP, it's best to let go and move on.

Pic related: she'll eat more balls than Mrs. Pac-Man, and she won't even require Chads to insert two quarters
>>
>>16784901
>hahahahaah this is what sluts actually believe newsflash you are putting yourself at risk of sexual transmitted diseases and developing emotional baggage from assholes treat you like a cumdumpster. also if you are a guy you are risking false rape charges.child support.paternity fraud and stds.

I prefer simply to have zero empathy for past relationships of sluts who hate their "asshole exes".

You picked them girl, that personality and his treatment lit your fire back then, and you got burned. Your choice.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.