[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anything more soul crushing than failing tonnes of internship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: Feels-Bad-Man-Frog-01.jpg (27 KB, 500x365) Image search: [Google]
Feels-Bad-Man-Frog-01.jpg
27 KB, 500x365
Is there anything more soul crushing than failing tonnes of internship and graduate job interviews due to bad social skills and then graduating and working a near minimum wage menial job while living at home?

And I'm realising that people at workplaces really really fucking hate you if you're introverted. Even if you're part-time they really fucking hate you. If this happens at part-time jobs, how the hell could I possibly succeed in some white-collar, HR-Stacey-filled, posh-people-filled, management sucking up workplace? >inb4 go in to STEM. Many STEM workplaces are like this.

How is it that I've failed so many interviews if they only ask dumb competency questions and I give my answers with the STAR framework they're looking for?
>>
You've worked out that the corporate world is not your milieu - well done. Now is the time to take that as a lesson learned, and switch to a more relaxed and wholesome career in a growing field such as carpentry.
>>
I'm in the same boat, dude. Work on your social skills, it's the only way.

(unless yeah, you want to work in menial labor)
>>
>>16783614
Have you considered a local wood working class? Carpentry can be quite rewarding
>>
>>16783626
I already got this one, co-carpentry-bro - but it's good to know you're on point. Carpentry is the answer to every question!
>>
First off, being an introvert doesn't mean that you're a socially awkward mute who sits in his corner and doesnt talk to anybody.

Being introverted means that you have a preference to keep to yourself, but that doesn't mean that are unable to socialize and communicate.

At work, you are always part of some kind of team or group. When they trust you with work that other people depend on, that means that the whole group suffers when you're unable to talk to anyone and let people know what you need, what you've working on, what your progress is, etc.

When you're a depressing anti-social black hole that brings everyone down or makes everyone uncomfortable, why the hell would an employer want to take a risk and hire you? At best you'll end up leaving and now they have to find someone again, at worst you'll be a fuckup that they can't even detect until it's too late because you won't say anything to anybody (i.e. Like that dude who decided to just stop going to work because he couldn't complete his accounting assignment) or you'll shoot up the place.

Ask yourself this - why does the rest of the world need to conform to YOUR needs if you are not willing to reciprocate?
>>
>>16783614
>Is there anything more soul crushing than failing tonnes of internship and graduate job interviews due to bad social skills and then graduating and working a near minimum wage menial job while living at home?

Being on the dole? But I'd say that's more soul-destroying than soul-crushing.

>And I'm realising that people at workplaces really really fucking hate you if you're introverted.

Sort of. Same boat as well. I remember at one shitty job I was working filling shelves, the manager told me that he was concerned that I wasn't 'joining in' and noted that he didn't know anything about me. I asked why that was an issue. Fucker didn't have an answer but told me to 'participate' more.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.