[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay /adv/ here's the deal. I work with this girl, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7
File: ComeWatchTV.jpg (96 KB, 574x960) Image search: [Google]
ComeWatchTV.jpg
96 KB, 574x960
Okay /adv/ here's the deal.

I work with this girl, and while I don't know a ton about her, I know we have a few similar interests and I think she's pretty cute.

I want to ask her out or something but I have no idea what I'm doing.

My concerns are as follows.

I work in a retail clothing store, so shit gets REALLY gossipy and I don't want to fuck anything up and make it super awkward forever.

I've never talked to her or hung out outside of work.

I totally can't tell the difference between her just being friendly or if that's like, genuine interest.

I'm not really concerned about staying hired super long term, but I do need to hold it down until sometime in the late spring/early summer.

Cure my autism /adv/. Help me get a gf.
>>
Have you considered switching jobs so you can pursue this girl without the job making things awkward?

Try looking for a woodworking or carpentry apprenticeship around your area, its a great field with a lot of potential for growth.
>>
File: copythat.png (356 KB, 992x424) Image search: [Google]
copythat.png
356 KB, 992x424
>>16783563
I've got a little bit of an outline for what I want to do. I just feel like I need to stay where I'm at for a little while longer because I was originally seasonal, and 6-7 months looks a lot better than 3 months on a resume.
>>
>>16783549

>I work with this girl

Stop. The general consensus is that you never "eat where you shit."

Unless you are absolutely prepared to deal with the consequences of the gossipy faggots you work with, don't even bother. It will not end well.

Best or worst case scenario will lead to fucking gossip all over the place regardless.

>Man, what does she see in him?
>Does she know about that time he (insert retarded incident)?
>etc. etc. etc.

So yeah. If you're going in to it, be ready to deal with the consequences.
>>
File: 1337009012822.jpg (71 KB, 500x630) Image search: [Google]
1337009012822.jpg
71 KB, 500x630
>>16783578
I mean, based on where I'm at they'd probably be making shit up if they wanted to pick apart any "relationship" I had with her.

But that doesn't mean that they wont do that, obviously. Which was one of my concerns.

If it goes well, and I end up dating her, I don't give a fuck about the gossip for a couple months before I leave.

But if it goes poorly and I get turned down, I'd feel pretty obligated to quit. Because fuck that.
>>
>>16783549
I worked in retail and dated a colleague
>gossip from everyone
>management putting us on different shift and different days to spite us
>everyone knows your business because the topic of "you and X" gets approached at some point
If you aren't chatting to her outside of work and she isn't initiating conversations about non work things, then she is probably just being friendly, like retail staff are supposed to be.
>>
from personal experience, unless you're totally fine with having it be out there and such it's probably not a good idea. it will get gossipy because it's giving them something to talk about. the guy who asked me out thought we should keep it quiet to avoid people talking about us and it worked for a while until someone saw him give me a ride home from work one afternoon. even after we (privately) broke up and he doesn't even work there anymore (as well as denying it many times because he valued his privacy a lot), people still come up and ask me about it and that was around 2 1/2 years ago.
>>
File: Life..jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Life..jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>16783623
She initiates conversations pretty often. And always maintains like, super heavy eye contact while we're talking about whatever. I don't know if that's me doing mental gymnastics to justify asking her out, or if it's real though.

As far as my managers go I'm pretty much bullet proof at the moment. Most people are getting like 12 hours a week max, and I'm picking up shifts every single day and getting closer to 30. Got employee of the month and all that nonsense. So, I don't think they could actually afford to schedule me around her, because evidently they need me 100% of the time.

Would you say that dating that colleague was a mistake, and do you regret it? If given the chance would you do it again?
>>
File: IMAG0387.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0387.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1840
>>16783668

Like I said to the other guy, I don't really mind it being in the open if it goes well. If gossiping about who's dating who is really the only thing that gives my coworker's purpose then whatever.

But if I get rejected. I'd be turbo fucked. Because then 100% of the gossip is focused towards me, instead of "the new work couple"
>>
>>16783675
>because evidently they need me 100% of the time
You're in retail not a STEM field, you're the equivalent of the highest functioning retard

>Would you say that dating that colleague was a mistake, and do you regret it? If given the chance would you do it again?
I spent 5 years with her (we both left within a year of working together but working in the same place was a ball ache).

Is she initiating conversations that are non work related outside of work? that's the give away, otherwise she is being polite at work.

Ask what hobbies/films she likes and if you have any similar interests, say "well if you ever want someone to do X with I'm usually free" which might be a lie as you are such a necessity to your employer and the company will collapse without you.

Don't call it a date or anything, keep it open and for her to decide for maximum damage control.
>>
File: Hats.jpg (934 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Hats.jpg
934 KB, 1600x1200
>>16783694
>You're in retail not a STEM field, you're the equivalent of the highest functioning retard

Right, like obviously I'm not the backbone of the entire company. But they are using me more than any other employee at my level currently.

>Is she initiating conversations that are non work related outside of work? that's the give away, otherwise she is being polite at work.

I guess I can add her on facebook or something and find out. But as of this moment we've never really talked or hung out outside of work.

>Don't call it a date or anything, keep it open and for her to decide for maximum damage control.

This sounds smart. Open ended, zero commitment. I like it.
>>
>>16783721
>I guess I can add her on facebook or something and find out. But as of this moment we've never really talked or hung out outside of work.
You aren't even friends on facebook in this day and age? how old are you both? can you see how many facebook friends she has?
>>
File: fDH9QIG.jpg (28 KB, 550x395) Image search: [Google]
fDH9QIG.jpg
28 KB, 550x395
>>16783728
>You aren't even friends on facebook in this day and age? how old are you both? can you see how many facebook friends she has?

I hate it and I never use it lol. We're both early 20's. She has like 700 something friends, Jesus. I never looked at that before.
>>
>>16783737
>she is 20 with 700 friends
Certified attention whore, and she hadn't even thought to add you.
If you hit on her she will tell her facebook friends how creepy her colleagues are, mission abort OP
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.