[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do I fix my forehead? I wash it twice daily and I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: forehead.png (494 KB, 632x334) Image search: [Google]
forehead.png
494 KB, 632x334
how do I fix my forehead? I wash it twice daily and I don't touch it with my fingers. but unavoidably I'll wake up with one or two new pimples
>>
What do you eat and drink?
>>
>>16783368
Get acne repellent.
>>
>>16783371
currently on a low carb diet, so lots of eggs, meat, fish, cheese, vegetables.

>>16783374
more specifically?
>>
>>16783368
Get a caffiene rub and apply it to your face before and after bed.
>>
>>16783374
Topical application shit is a huge joke, considering most causes of acne are irritants that come from under/within the skin.
>>
>>16783387
>eggs meat fish
Probably consuming a lot of grease then. Try to stick to cleaner meats and drop dark soda

Also, depending on how you sleep consider putting a handtowel on your pillow, bedsheets/pillows can soak up skin oils and then you rub them in when you move
>>
See a dermatologist. Develop a skincare routine.

If you don't want to see a derm, here's a basic routine that would work for the general populous:

AM-
Wash with gentle cleanser (avoid anything containing physical exfoliants i.e. sugar or almond shells)
Apply BHA or AHA, Paula's choice is a good brand. Start with a 2% salicylic acid. Stridex pads are also good.
Wait 20 minutes, then apply a moisturizer. Cerave in the tub or PM are both good options. PM contains niacinamide, which will help to get rid of postinflammatory hyperpigmentation. However, PM also contains coconut oil, which can make some people break out. Be wary and patch test.
Finally, USE SUNSCREEN!

PM-
Wash with gentle cleanser
Apply BHA or AHA once more.
Wait 20 mins, apply moisturizer.

I'd recommend incorporating a tretinoin topical in your routine, once nightly. It's a retinoid, which will double your cell turnover rate. Helps to alleviate scarring. 0.025% cream would be gentle. You'll have to get a prescription for it, though.

DO NOT try to jump straight into this routine. Start patch testing different cleansers, find one that works for you. Then patch test with a BHA/AHA, finally patch test with a moisturizer.

Keep in mind that you'll have to be patient. This won't fix your skin overnight. It might even look a little worse at first. But after a few months of sticking to this routine, you'll have baby smooth beautiful skin. Good luck.
>>
>>16783387
My acne got way, way better after I stopped eating anything that contains milk. It sucks to avoid that because cheese, ice cream, etc are pretty much the best things, but yeah. I barely got any zits after that.
I also don't eat red meat anymore. Or at least I only eat it rarely.
You gotta understand that zits don't come from bad hygiene alone, it has primarily something to do with the things you eat and your body can't properly digest. In many peoples' cases that is milk.

Also another thing. How often do you shit? Because if it isn't at least once a day I would try to fix that, because some peoples' acne is caused by shit rotting inside of their digestive system. If you only shit every third day or something.
>>
Washing your pillow case more often may help.
>>
>>16783368
wash ur pillow case
>>
>>16783394
Diet has barely any effect, stop perpetuating myths
>>
>>16784233
This anon is full of shit.

I quit drinking soda completely at 14, my acne went away completely. Never used the alcohol wipes or any of that shit, just cut soda out of my diet.
>>
>>16784242
Wow, that is a really through and well done analysis and not an irrelevant anecdote at all!
>>
>>16783368
vitamin a
>>
Stop using any sort of acne washes and stop washing your face besides showering.
Anything that claims to be good for acne especially the mainstream stuff just drys out your skin, same with over washing. If you dry out your skin, your skin produces more oil and causes acne.

Instead of washing your face with water outside of the shower get some cotton wool pads and facial cleanser, the stuff girls use to remove make up and use that.
The stuff I use cleans my skin but moisturizer it too.
As for a main moisturizer I would use it after intense things like a shower or shaving, make sure to get one that is not too oily. Fucking anything with aloe vera is a god send, holy shit I love aloe vera.

This worked for me, acne is a fucking nightmare though its a battle of trying to find the middle ground between not drying out your face too much and not oiling your face too much.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.