[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone have trouble being comfortable with bisexuals (relationship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
Anyone have trouble being comfortable with bisexuals (relationship wise)?
I'm quite a jealous person as it is, but when I date a bisexual it's 10 times worse. It's that 'she's hanging out with a guy' feeling, but like, constant.
>>
My advice is to date for a much longer period of time before committing to relationships. Really get into your date's head and find out what they're looking for from a relationship. If physical intimacy is among their top priorities and they're bisexual, don't get into a relationship Go date someone else instead.

I think that will solve your problem.
>>
Have you considered NOT dating bisexuals?
>>
If you were dating a gay/straight person (check whatever applies), you're not scared that half-ish of the human race isn't enough temptation to cheat to worry you?
>>
>>16783225

yes actually. i think its hard not to associate heart break with them when they leave us for another gender.

its funny cuz im gay, i date guys, and if the guy wants to be in an open relationship where we have sex or even get romantically entangled with other guys, im okay with that.

but the thought of dating a bisexual is daunting cuz im afraid they'll leave me for a woman. again.
>>
>>16783271

i think the general mindset is

>my 'partner' likes men
>i am a man
>therefore i should be able to fulfill the needs my partner has

in that logic you should be able to satisfy your partner, and if they cheat on you or leave you anyways, its because of their issue.

but if
>my partner likes men and women
>i can only fulfill their needs for men
>therefore, they will eventually NEED to have a woman.

its a big difference. to boil it down to the simplest argument, a bisexual is BOUND to leave you for the other gender at some point. someone satisfied by your gender might not.
>>
I'm going to be brutally honest. This wouldn't bother me in the least. So long as I'm the only man she's sleeping with I still have the monopoly on Penis, and assuming she's really bisexual her having another female partner isn't threatening in the least. As long as you don't suck at sex anyway.
>>
>>16783282
>labeling sexuals wants/desires as absolute NEEEEEEDS that people will drop everything to fill
Nice projection m8
>>
>>16783367

it was broad. it was simplistic, it was a generalization. say what you want, but this is what it boils down to in our brains, despite how complex we like to think we are.
>>
>>16783373
Keep backpedaling, I've heard it's great exercise.
>>
>>16783282
That's absolutely stupid, though. It's not like bisexuals eventually all go "Oh, well, now I've been with this guy for nearly a month, better get some pussy lest I get bored of dick soon!"
>>
Gonna pop in and share my worldview, as a bisexual dating a bisexual of the opposite gender. Neither of us have ever had issues of jealously about the other cheating, or going for someone of the opposite gender. (Though it did allow us a pretty interesting threesome on time.)

It's not about your partner's sexuality, it's about who they are as a person. If your partner is going to cheat then they're going to cheat. It doesn't matter who they're cheating with.

If your issue is like >>16783278 and you're afraid that you're going to lose your partner to someone that has something that you don't, then that's different. And if your partner is leaving your because they prefer the opposite gender, then your partner wasn't honest in their attraction and commitment to you.

>>16783225
If you're constantly worried that your girl is cheating on you, then you don't trust your girl. You need to talk to her and especially talk to her about her feelings about other women. If you can't be comfortable with her attraction to other women or you feel like you can't trust her around other men or women then you ought to break up. Why be committed to a person that you can't trust, and why tie her down to you when you don't trust her.

If your issue is with bisexuals in general then you need to chill the fuck out. There's slutty bisexuals just like there are sluts in any other orientation. My boyfriend and I have been together for over 3 years, and neither of us have cheated, nor do we have an open relationship. Bisexual is not synonymous with poly or slut.
>>
>>16783384

sure. but that doesn't change how the non-bisexual feels or perceives. i boiled things down to the basic idea. you cant deny thats what people feel. i was just trying to explain that.
>>
>>16783417
Yes, I didn't mean your explanation was stupid, I meant feeling that way is.
>>
>>16783420

its unfortunate, but its just the way people feel. its hard not to when someone literally leaves you for another gender. sure there are lots of other things that factor in, but when one (or more) of your bisexual boyfriends leaves you for a chick, you start to think that they need women and will leave you for one.
>>
>>16783428
Sure, but honestly if they do that, odds are good the relationship wouldn't have worked out anyway, if all it takes is the "distraction" from the other side, so to speak.
>>
>>16783383
He's not backpedaling, dude. You seem to think you've hit him with some great GOTCHA but actually it just looks like you have no idea how conversations work.
>>
>>16783438

thats true, and like i said, everything is truly more layered and complex than that, its jsut what happens.

I've only ever had bisexuals leave me for someone else. anyone else it just ends on any other relationship ending reason.

the concept wouldn't exist if there wasn't a pattern for it. its like any stereotype. it has to have happened quite a bit before it becomes a common assumption
>>
>>16783452
I suppose so.
Of course, I'm biased myself, being bisexual, but I've never felt the "urge" to leave a person for someone of the opposite gender just because.
But then again I've also ever had one serious relationship because I'm retarded.
>>
>>16783456

yep. should probably add 'diverse' to that list.
>>
>>16783225
They choose to be bi, so make them stop
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.