[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is 8 years too much of an age difference?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: hqdefault.jpg (31 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
31 KB, 480x360
I'm 19, he is 27. Is that a too big of an age difference for us to work out long-term?
>>
>>16783167
Nah. It gets easier the longer you are together. The main thing is that at 19 you're still pretty immature. If he can put up with that for some time then the age difference will mean little.
>>
>>16783167
yes; it would be doable if you were 30 and he was 38, but now you are basically a little bit more than a wildly unstable teenager and he's a old loser who can't find girl closer to his age.
>>
>>16783187
>he's a old loser who can't find girl closer to his age
Way to jump to conclusions there.
>>
>>16783167
Nah, that's fine.
>>
My parents married at that age, they been married for 30 years. World has changed since then, not sure how representative this is.

I would say it depends on the teen, how mature they are. I wouldn't want to enter a relationship with a person that young though, mainly because girls that age haven't found themselves yet. Lots of growing up to do yet, so ya..
>>
It depends on how you define "long term." Do you mean 6 months, a year, 5 years, marriage?

People change a lot in their 20s. No one wants to accept that when they're young, but it's true.

I'm in a similar relationship but she's in her early 20s and the age difference is not quite as stark. I know that it's not going to work out "long term" but I am enjoying my time with her regardless. I assume she will move on before I do. It will be difficult to deal with, but I will.
>>
Almost assuredly, but no one is stopping you.

One think to watch out for is to not become dependent on him and feel unable to leave when things run their course, and remember that even if you're already independent now, it's very easy to regress.

>>16783187
Wouldn't the loser be the one who couldn't get the hot teenager and had to settle for blown out old mares?
>>
>>16783199

That is actually what 80% of all people OP will meet will think in real life.

Regardless of whether it's true or not.

I am not against age difference in relationships, he could be a bit immature and OP could be a bit mature and then things even out.

If the love is there, if the chemistry is there, if there are shared dreams and visions for the future regarding home, work and children, then I think it could work out.
>>
>>16783199
Well, in most cases that's how it is. Guys round 30 go after young girls, like 20 or less, because these girls are hotter and more naive. They require less work but then again young girls are fucked up, especially ones who go after way older men.

I would know, my best mate dated at 34 a 18 yo girl. At first it was all good but then she got whacked, started throwing hissy fits every ten minutes, stalked his exwife, gave him std because she cheated her with some college kids and when he got fed up with her and dumped her, she sent his nudes to his coworkers and boss

It's up to you, if you think sex is worth all the hassle go for it, but don't be surprised when you discover that all younger women are fucking crazy one way or another and will inevitably fuck you up
>>
>>16783251
That's the biggest issue, and if OP is mature enough, then it's all good. I dated a 23 year old when I was 38, and the age difference was never an issue. Then again there is a big difference between the maturity levels of a 18 year old and 23 year old girl.
>>
>>16783251
Spoiler alert, older women do they exact same insane bullshit.

There is literally no mental/emotional difference between 18 year old girls and any older age of women, they just have more resources at their disposal. A 20 year old lunatic will stalk you, a 40 year old lunatic will hire a private detective.
>>
>>16783187
I'm really not though... He is more immature than I am.
>>
>>16783209
I know this is corney but I really do want to be married. Won't it be easier if I grow with him though?
>>
>>16783246
Yeah, we have crazy chemistry and I've never really messed with anyone like this before.
>>
>>16783246
*meshed
>>
>>16783207
I'll be the first to say that I don't have a clue who I am, besides my morals, but won't I be able to grow with him and become the kind of s/o that he likes?
>>
>>16783167
actually the older you get the less of a deal that gap is going to become.
>>
>>16783167
23-year-old dating a 32-year-old here. If you guys don't work it doesn't necessarily mean it's because of the age difference. My relationship's failing, and it has nothing to do with the age difference and everything to do with him being a closed off jackass. If the both of you see each other as people and connect as people regardless of the age difference then you should be fine. All I can recommend here is to not get too ahead of yourself and to be very patient for the next two years, assuming the drinking age is 21 where you are. Not being able to go out to the bars with him back when fucking killed me.
>>
>>16783309
>He is more immature than I am.

and that's a huge red flag. I mean, it's quite obvious he is, being almost 30 and dating you. If he's a Peter Pan type of a guy, don't even dream about having a serious, longlasting relationship with him. Lol, you stupid for even considering it
>>
>>16783339
Yeah! The relationship is young and we are already running into those kind of logistical problems.
>>
>>16783345
I see where your coming from, but just because I am more mature than him, it doesn't mean he is immature. He really isn't a "man-child" more of a goof.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.