[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Most of the people in my family, including my parents, think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
Most of the people in my family, including my parents, think I'm either on the spectrum in a minor or major way. I don't believe I am. Is there any way to tell without getting a professional diagnosis? Is there some way to figure this out, or some list of traits that I can match myself to? I've taken the tests online and they all say I don't have it, but I know online tests can be unreliable.

I definitely have some communication issues and occasionally I see the world in a different way than other people, but I see "aspergers" as being the 40 year old virgin who loves trains and lives with his mom, which isn't me as I'm definitely an extrovert and it's never been hard for me to meet new people.
>>
>>16782937
It is virtually impossible to tell high-functioning Aspergers from run-of-the-mill nerdy or socially awkward guy.

So what does it matter? Who needs labels?
>>
>>16782937
>Is there any way to tell without getting a professional diagnosis?
Not really. No reliable ones.

I suggest getting a professional screening. I had to, several years back, and although it turned up a number of other issues, it didn't find any form of autism. This came as a surprise to a number of people. The same could happen in your case.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.