[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just turned 19 and I want to get it off my chest that I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: plain-black-3-x-2-flag-2469-p.jpg (5 KB, 612x423) Image search: [Google]
plain-black-3-x-2-flag-2469-p.jpg
5 KB, 612x423
I just turned 19 and I want to get it off my chest that I'm going to kill myself very soon

I know 4chan takes suicide very insincerely but this is the only properly anonymous place i know that also has a decent amount of traffic

I tried sex and letting go as a solution to constant unhappiness and it worked for a while but it's a major source or regret for me now (personally, and not for the other people thank god) and it's definitely done more damage to me than good

Then I tried alcohol and I severely misjudged a couple of situations and I think I alienated a few of my former friends

I'm meant to be starting at uni and the end of the month but it's a bridging course, not an undergraduate course, because I need to fix up the effects of my really negative high school experiences. But I tried another bridging course at another uni 3 times last year and I failed all three. And I'm really am not convinced that I can do it this time or ever.

Anyway my life is officially rock bottom mentally and socially as of Sunday the 6th Feb. and after 7 years of depression and negativity I'm convinced that it's really time to pack up
>>
>>16782548
Tried going to a shrink yet?
>>
Instead of killing yourself, have you ever considered a serious drug addiction?
>>
>>16782548
Can I have your computer and money?
You are going to off yourself anyway.
>>
if you're going to kill yourself, do it in a way where no one has to clean up the mess
>>
You're nineteen, dude. All nineteen-year-olds are either depressed, or stupid. You're depressed.

Academics aren't everything, everyone has regrettable sexual experiences when they're young, and everyone says/does dumb shit when they first start drinking. And everyone, just like you, thinks AT THE TIME that these are huge fucking problems. They aren't.

In a few years, you'll look back and it'll blow your mind that you were actually considering suicide over this stuff. Don't choose a permanent "solution" to a temporary problem.

If university really isn't for you, have you considered a trade school or something? Or maybe just work for a few years, make some money, and spend some time figuring out what you want to do? There's no rule that says you have to go to uni immediately after high school. That shit is stupid
>>
As a former depressed 19 year old all I can say is that you gotta make life worth living.

I was down in the gutters and thought this was it, but something clicked in me and I started marveling at the wonder of the world. There's so much to learn and so much to do. Life isn't going to force you to do anything and will shit on you constantly, but you and only you have the power to make your life great.
>>
We treat unnecessary whinging insincerely. Telling others to commit suicide is an easy way of insulting people which is why people say it.

Everybody has regrets over stupid shit by the way. You're nineteen, you're barely an adult in terms of emotional growth, stop lamenting over stupid shit.
>>
You're 19 man, that's literally like 22% of your life.
You have another 78% of your life ahead of yourself and trust me it'll be much brighter than it is now.
For the sake of yourself and your loved ones, please don't do it.
>>
>>16783511
FFS read the OP, it's not 22%, more like 99%
>>
>>16782785
Can anyone here answer my question.
Thank you in advance. I would appreciate it if you spared the platitudes and aggression. I am currently seeing a therapist.
>>
shit op, how are you going to do it?
>>
well OP?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.