[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Confessing on Valentine's Day
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_n10eg3VXC31qagpnjo1_1280.jpg (254 KB, 900x698) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n10eg3VXC31qagpnjo1_1280.jpg
254 KB, 900x698
Valentine's day is coming up. It seems like a good opportunity to confess my feelings to a grill.
I've known her for a few years and we get on pretty well. I don't know what she thinks of me though. Recently I tried hinting at it but I'm not sure she understood or not.

I thought of making a video with photos of us and romantic music. When I think about it it seems really really corny though. Also, due to distance I don't have that many photos together with her, and most of them were taken at the same place.
So I'm curious if anyone has some similar suggestion to do this sort of thing?
Cheers
>>
>>16782413
Do not confess. Please. Ask her out like a normal person.
>>
confessing your love never works out the way you intend. ask her out, and hope for the best but prepare for the worst. (i.e. if she says no, don't let your psyche shatter)
>>
>>16782413
see
>>16782415

You're man, aren't you? What with this frilly bullshit. Ask if she wants to eat something on the weekend or something.
>>
>>16782413
Do whatever you want.

If she rejects you for it, it doesn't matter. Remember, its not the end result, its the process that is important.
>>
>>16782413
If you're 13 y/o go for it!
otherwise just be like
>hey, got anything to do next wednesday?
IF answer= YES: conversation about plans, get back to doing something together later
IF answer=NO say:
>ok, wanna joyn for a drink?
>>
We live too far apart; I can't just ask her out to dinner or meet up with her and tell her. And if possible I'd rather not just do it by message.

I know this sort of thing would be considered a bit old fashioned to most, but it's the way I prefer to do it.
>>
>>16782454
if you like each other, you'll find a way to connect.

confessing your love is one-sided and selfish, it only serves to alleviate your distress at the expense of someone else. go for a date, if the feeling is mutual (you'll know) then keep dating. you have little to gain and everything to lose by confessing your love.
>>
>>16782454
>We live too far apart; I can't just ask her out to dinner or meet up with her and tell her. And if possible I'd rather not just do it by message.
If you don't live close enough to date, why do you even want to tell her that you like her?
Is there a fair chance for you to move closer in a reasonable amount of time? Is there a chance for you to have a LDR and meeting somewhat frequently?
If the answer is no, just shut up and get over it.
If the answer is yes, go, see her, and make a move.

Confessing is one sided and brings a ton of of awkwardness and it never goes the way you want it.
Plus your idea is totally cringe worthy.

I am a quite old fashioned girl, but really confessing your feelings for a person if you're not in a relationship is just idiotic and puts her in a difficult position. Selfish and cringey.
>>
Alright, I see your points.
Some info I should add; we're both 22 and she lives in a different country (which I've been to and there's a good chance I'll return to fairly soon).

The video idea is actually something I got from asking someone else from there. So maybe they like that sort of thing over there? I suppose I should ask more than one person though.
>>
>>16782508
No one likes that kind of thing after puberty. Be flirty, be sweet, and then make a move when you're in person. You're 22, not 13.
But apparently you want to do that anyway, so do it. You shouldn't even ask people, just really it's so inappropriate in every way. It is just so cheap.
>>
>>16782508
sorry dude, I don't like shitting on someone like that cause I know the exact position you're in. The different county part really throws a wrench in things, but honestly you'd want to be there if you want to pursue something.

how often do you guys talk? and honestly ask yourself, is she really that special that it's worth going the distance? only you know the answer to that.

really evaluate if this is the right path for you, and if it is you're going to have to prove you're an option to her.
>>
>>16782523
>>16782527
Alright, thanks for the advice.
I'll add a question though; how do you actually tell your feelings to something without 'confessing'?
>>
>>16782586
You flirt, ask them out, date for a while, and when you feel like she reciprocates you tell them.
You don't drop "I love you"s without knowing she loves you back.
>>
>>16782599
>You flirt
I don't know how to do this

>You don't drop "I love you"s without knowing she loves you back.
Yeah I certainly agree with that. To me it was more like trying to tell her I fancy her
>>
Yikes, dont do that. Ask her out, not necessarily on V day, then just work some magic, light playful touches, meaningful eye contact. If she likes you she'll be reciprocal, if not dont rejection of your oneitis fuck you up, theres plenty of girls out there bro.
>>
>>16782618
Compliment her, both the way she looks and her personality. Say something particular, compliment a specific aspect. Don't be too bold. Be affectionate, remind her that you like being around her. Keep things playful and light. Tease her a bit but be funny while doing so.
It's not rocket science.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.