[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yet another, 'woe is me' post, but... I'm almost
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 748x736) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 748x736
Yet another, 'woe is me' post, but...

I'm almost 21 years old. Everyone that I am acquainted with seems to have something going, as in, a reason to wake up.

For the past 4 years, I've been living the neetlyfe, and here's the thing, despite everyone telling me eventually it leads to depression, I'm so content.
And it makes me wonder, will I ever want more? For a relationship, to move out, to get a job, give birth and nurture, and be wed?

Is there a magic age I reach to want normality? Or am I doomed to eventually rot away and lead the hikki life?
>>
what will you do when your mom doesn't want you to live in your childhood bedroom anymore?
>>
The way you live does not matter. You will regret the options you did not take, regardless of which ones you have taken.
>>
File: obn.png (17 KB, 995x272) Image search: [Google]
obn.png
17 KB, 995x272
>>16782219
i have this lack of ambition problem
however i live in my own place, feed myself, and have my own car, phone, internets...
i just want to be a pizza delivery driver and screw around on the internet after work

Will I ever want more? not OP
>>
Most people find out what they want to do with their lives in their 20s. And by that I don't mean just finding a goal, because most of our goals are imprinted in our minds by parents, society etc. I mean finding something that makes you happy, a reason to work and struggle other than just making a living. A passion, if you will.

Now, if the NEET life makes you happy, that's perfectly fine, you shouldn't let anyone dictate the way you live your life. BUT you have to also consider long-term implications. Do you have a stable source of income? Will you ever need to work to make money? Is your body agreeing with your lifestyle? Do you foresee yourself getting bored of your lifestyle? All this kind of stuff.

I suggest you don't completely cut off your social life, at least "exercise" your social skills once in a while, as no human can live a healthy, happy life without a minimum of human interaction, no matter how introverted you may think yourself to be.
Besides that, the main issue most people have with this lifestyle is that, sooner or later they'll find out that they need a source of income. If that's not going to be an issue for you, then you're one of the few lucky ones. If it is, then you might want to start looking for a way to make money that's actually enjoyable, or at least something that won't affect your current lifestyle too much.

About the relationship, children and all that, I suggest you don't worry too much until you'll actually want them. Most people do crave those things at some point or another, but that's not a rule, some are very content without having any of those.
>>
>>16782865
Maybe. Probably not, I don't know. But if you like your life the way it is now, there's no point in changing it just because one day you MIGHT wish for something more. It will only make you unhappy.
>>
You need to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start a new path in a career that's rewarding, lucrative, and recession proof. Take up carpentry, and within a year or two all your worries will be behind you.
>>
Read the book Meditations by Marcus Aurelius

It's about a type of philosophy called stoicism.

Basically:

Everybody has advantages and disadvantages in life given to them by the universe. These advantages and disadvantages are natural, and have a purpose.

A man gets cancer because he needs to learn how to deal with his demise.

A man may get rich because he needs to learn what it's like to have influence over others, and how to use it.

A man may live a life of poverty because he needs to learn how to be humble and enjoy the beauty of life that surrounds him.

Etc. Your life is your own, you're bound to your fate and you need to accept that everything good and bad that happens to you is for your own development and growth.

Don't look over your neighbor's fence. Don't look enviously at others fortunes. Your life is your own, and you would not become who you need to be without the cards you have been dealt. It's for the best.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.