[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Eliminating Bad Habits/Getting Started
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 3rd Floor Dungeon.jpg (61 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
3rd Floor Dungeon.jpg
61 KB, 540x540
I feel as though I have gained a better self-awareness now that I am older, but I still have bad habits that I need help shaking off. I would like to live a more organized life and rid myself of my knack for procrastinating and wasting time. I currently go to uni and live with my parents, have never had a job, and have yet to move out, which I think has something to do with it. I'm going to be 23 this year and would like to live more actively and focused.

I would like to fix my diet and try gaining muscle again (I'm pretty thin and have worked out consistently before but lost my momentum a while back), but since my parents tend to pick up food/eat out more often than I would like, I end up eating crap and it sucks because I KNOW I'm eating crap but never get around to abstaining from junk myself.

I know I can do well in school if I stay focused, but I end up procrastinating on assignments and wasting time with my friends playing LoL or doing some other bullshit. I also have things I would like to be good at, both music and art, but need to shape my schedule to leave room for practicing them.

I shy away from going after girls, to hook up or even for something more long term, more than I used to because I think I have HPV and don't want to spread it to anyone. I also feel that if I were to tell them, they would lose all interest.

So, how can I take control of my bad habits and replace them with good ones to become more productive/self-sufficient? I want to think big and live life to the fullest, but I feel years of bad habits and settling for less are keeping me from reaching it. I basically just need help getting started with shaping my daily routine. Having all of these moments of realizing that I fucked up has really fucked with my head for too long and I just want to take hold my life for once.
>>
You need to reshape your life the way YOU want it, and stop going with the flow. Make a commitment to yourself. Keep the schedules you need, and don't let other people mess them up. Try taking up a new hobby to force yourself to spend a couple of hours a day working on something not related to school or basic everyday living - something challenging but fun, and with concrete results, like carpentry.
>>
Quit playing LoL.
>>
>>16782703

Deeply underrated
>>
Start slow. You can't just start doing everything right right away. At a moment of weakness, force yourself to do what you need to do. Make a mental note of your success and be mindful how it wasn't the end of the world was it? Quite the opposite right? Talk to your parents about the food-thing or start making your own groceries, excersise is easier to get in the habit of if it's something like martial art in a group rather than gym where you need to get yourself to and no one else is telling you what to do.
And fucking this >>16782703

For me, as cruel as it sounds, the best thing was to cut contacts with my friends. However I would note those were the kind of people who would not spend a day sober, nor have interest in hanging out outside of that shit. Fuck that.

As for the ladies, shit man I'm not quite there myself yet. But that can wait until you get more and more stuff down right?
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.