[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /adv/, I am an ok looking female and I found it hard to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1
File: crazy_pug-HD.jpg (711 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
crazy_pug-HD.jpg
711 KB, 1920x1080
hey /adv/,

I am an ok looking female and I found it hard to make friends my entire life, ever since my first social group environment, which was pre school at age 3 years old. I may have a mild case of Asbergers, or Autism, but I am able to cope with it well, and sort of teach myself to be normal.

Now that I am in my mid 20s, I have grown used to having few to no friends, but I get very surprised, and even freaked out when good looking, well balanced people are genuinely interested in being my friend. It sort of trips me out in a way.

Recently I got a nice hair cut and I have been complimented on it excessively in school, and people have been noticing me and acknowledging me more.

I also volunteered for this event last weekend, and I made an effort to introduce myself to everyone there. At the end, I made a good impression on this really pretty blonde girl who was interested in talking to me further. This really tripped me out because I am not used to it at all.

Another thing about me is that I was on Prozac for about a month to help with my social skills.

So../adv/, are people really this shallow? I am dressing a lot better now, showering etc, have a cute hair cut, and now all of a sudden people see me as a different person. This truly tripped me out and it took me a while to get used to it.It might also be the Prozac because I don't feel depressed or sad, ever. So this may increase my chances of making good impressions on people?

I feel like all of a sudden my life is changing pretty fast.
>>
>>16780716
Not necessarily shallow, but I think most people are drawn to others by the way they carry themselves. It's much easier to approach someone who seems happy and we'll-adjusted. Also I think some people just tend to feel uncomfortable when dealing with someone who's depressed, especially if they've never been in that situation before. It might even be offputting for some.

But yeah, are you happy that this is happening to you? That's really all that matters. Maybe these people who acknowledge you now have noticed how much better you are in general, and this would make you seem much more approachable to them.

How did you find Prozac though, btw? I was on Zoloft for anxiety and it did not do me well haha
Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.