[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just realised my life is meaningless. I have a job, where
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (124 KB, 261x209) Image search: [Google]
image.png
124 KB, 261x209
I just realised my life is meaningless.

I have a job, where I don't really impact the world, I'm a bad boss, therefore probably make others lives worse.

I don't have any friends, so spend my weekends in bed watching TV. I have absolutely no motivation to leave my bed at the weekend or on a holiday.

I'm a 26 year old virgin, most likely gay, but with no prospects of a relationship due to the above.

Despite not wanting to be, I'm sure most people, including my family and acquaintances think I'm an ass.

Should I try and find meaning in my life? If so, how?
>>
Are you Michael Scott?
>>
To find a meaning is to find a reason. What is your reason for living?
>>
>>16780690
>most likely gay
Wat?
>>
>>16780693
I guess in a way yes. Although I'm not terrible with money.
>>
>>16780695
I don't know. What is yours?
>>
>>16780701
>bad boss
>feels like shit

Micheal Scott is the role model to follow. He feels like a perfect 10/10 daily. You feel like shit. feeling like shit=/=10/10
>>
File: mabRf.jpg (513 KB, 2048x1366) Image search: [Google]
mabRf.jpg
513 KB, 2048x1366
Godspeed, anon
>>
>>16780699
What to explain?
>>
>>16780712
Why say 'likely' gay instead of 'am' gay?
>>
>>16780722
Never had any sexual experiences so seems a bit premature. Also I find the occasional female attractive.
>>
>>16780711
This doesn't answer my questions :(
>>
>>16780745

Life is meaningless. You hit the nail on the head. That meaninglessness is freeing.

To suffer, to experience joy, to live, to be a sentient being is a miracle in itself.

Do you have Netflix by any chance? Try to find a movie called "It's Such a Beautiful Day."

If you want, I can elaborate and try to explain myself better.
>>
>>16780772
"To suffer, to experience joy, to live, to be a sentient being is a miracle in itself."

I don't appreciate that though and doubt I ever will.
>>
>>16780711
Not OP, but I suppose I'm a bit of a hedonist and make my own values. Huh, never really thought about it before.
>>
>>16780782

It doesn't matter if you appreciate it or not, we live on the only known planet in the universe to harbor life.

How great it is to not be a rock, or a grain of sand.
>>
>>16780791
But that's not the option though. If I was a grain of sand, this wouldn't be a concern.

I now feel jealous of a grain of sand.
>>
>>16780690
>>16780690
I feel you man, I'm 5 years younger.

I dunno I was sitting there talking to this 8/10 that's actually interested in me for some reason, but I can't stay interested in talking. I just get bored and start thinking about how like shitty of a person I am compared to her. It's really depressing. This sucks, so basically she's gonna get friendzoned out of nowhere because I can't muster the battle to care.

gr8.
>>
>>16780817
So you're younger than me and have girls interested in you. Sounds great.
>>
>>16780817
>abloo bloo cute girls wanna fuck me
Are you retarded, you spineless fuck?
>>
Buy the company of a person, I guess.
>>
>>16780838
>>16780825
>hasn't ever touched a girl

It's ok at best m8
>>
>>16780806

A grain of sand doesn't have Australian boomerang throwing websites though.

Do you read by any chance? Are you college educated?
>>
>>16780856
I have a degree. Don't read that much anymore. Used to be prolific.

A grain of sand doesn't have to worry about any of this.
>>
How about you go out places, bettering yourself! Go workout. Go to bars, get along with your employees and family. You may then have an impact in someone's life.
>>
Probably a far fetched idea OP but what has helped me is reading into how the human brain functions / works. The first thing you need it to realize that there's a problem, which you're obviously doing since you're posting here, and then the next step is working to fix it.

I suggest you read some books about the human brain or search online for some articles. One that might interest you:
http://waitbutwhy.com/2014/10/religion-for-the-nonreligious.html
>>
>>16780873
I want to get along with them. I want them to like me. I'm essentially Michael Scott.

I've got no motivation to go to places, I can't drag myself out of this hole.
>>
Find God, God has helped me in many ways. Go to church, and find time for God. Pray for guidance!
>>
>>16780905
I can't believe in god.
>>
I understand. But please go to a Christian broadcast channel if you are that bounded to your bed. You understand something is wrong with you and you must find God to either make you at peace or help you correct yourself.
>>
>>16780727
>premature

Wat? You either know you are or aren't regardless of experience. I'm still a KV but I know I'm straight.

Are you part of the large population of jailhouse fags that 4chan contains.

Or just gay?
>>
>>16780925
Maybe 90:10 gay:straight
>>
>>16780860

Although you will probably disagree with me, it took me a long time to realize this, but there is beauty in life. Being able to read poetry that somebody from a different time period wrote. To see parts of this planet; waterfalls, canyons, desserts, rivers, woods, etc. To see a painting that numbers of people have trekked to see before. just to be present and experience anything at all.

I think to answer your underlying question is this: Discover what you want to do, be present in the moment, read a book, I would suggest a book of poetry called Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman. Go to a place you've never been before. I recently went to an airport and I just sat and walked around. I watched people getting off flights, I heard announcements saying where those flights were arriving from, I saw families reunited, some looked worried, some were excited, some looked as though this was a routine they had performed a numerous times. Some were dressed nice, and some were dressed less nice. Just exist in the world and see where your journey takes you, go in that direction.

There is an old country song by John Prine that really resonates with me. The chorus goes "blow up your tv/throw away your paper/move to the country/ build you a home/plant a little garden/ eat a lot of peaches/ try to find Jesus/ on your own"

You're part of a bigger picture. Whether your job impacts people or not doesn't matter. If you feel unsatisfied, look for another job. Try to help others in your life. Donate your change, hold doors open for people, smile at a stranger.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.