[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (2 MB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1334x750
So, I've been smoking pit since the age of 16,I'm 18, and I only used it to get rid of suicidal thoughts or even anxiety. Self medicating. My phycatrist has prescribed me mood stabilizers and she is totally against pot. Honestly right now I feel really down and I've been sober for two weeks. My therapist thinks I'm addicted but I'm not, the only reason why I haven't been smoking for two weeks to prove her wrong. Anyways I can't get a medical marijuana card because it would effect my family and my phycatrist doesn't trust me with a pot card. I would smoke tonight but I fear my parents would catch me. Honestly I'm like a 7/10 depressed and this is usually the time I go smoke so I don't like try killing myself. 4Chan, what do I do. Continue pills that haven't worked for me since two years or keep smoking pot. I live in california
>>
From the website of the Royal College of Psychiatrists:

>Depression: A study following 1600 Australian school-children, aged 14 to 15 for seven years, found that while children who use cannabis regularly have a significantly higher risk of depression, the opposite was not the case - children who already suffered from depression were not more likely than anyone else to use cannabis. adolescents who used cannabis daily were five times more likely to develop depression and anxiety in later life.
>>
^^^I was depressed and suicidal so then i smoked. Not the other way around my dude
>>
>>16780461
His point is is that it's not helping.
>>
Wtf is a phycatrist? Are you stoned right now? Fucking addict.
>>
>>16780371

Use marijuana as a temporary* fix until you can find something to increase your mood. I was put on 5-HTP and that fucked me right up. My suicidal thoughts tripled. I started smoking again, as I hadn't for a month or two prior and that was the only thing that calmed me down until I could rationalize with myself.

This is really only a temporary solution. You need to do something else to cope with your emotions. Being productive is what really helped me. Decorate your room. Take daily walks. Excercise. Doing something new helps you break that feeling of being stuck in a routine.
>>
As much as pot is a legit solution for MANY ailments, psych ones are more often aggravated by pot use, that being said it DOES help some people with depression or anxiety issues. But whether it's really helping you in the long run is something you should be honest about. Pot can aggravate things you are predisposed to like anxiety or schizophrenia, but don't forget the pills they give you can do a LOT WORSE.
>>
You need God. And maybe some weed, but mostly God!
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.