[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it that people often assume that plan/boring/generic looking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: rene-magritte-il-telescopio1.jpg (25 KB, 258x400) Image search: [Google]
rene-magritte-il-telescopio1.jpg
25 KB, 258x400
Why is it that people often assume that plan/boring/generic looking people are plain/boring/generic people? It seems like people forget that not everyone expresses their uniqueness or difference through their hair, clothes, makeup, tattoos, piercings, or any other visible article.

Or am I wrong? Are plain looking people more often than not plain people? Are plain looking people rarely interesting people?
>>
they can't read minds, that's why
>>
Plain looking people are rarely interesting people. That's not to say that they don't think they're interesting. They're just kidding themselves.

The look of an interesting person isn't so much about garish displays of non-conformity though. It's subtle. It's in a person's flair, the details of their style. Those are the ways that a personality leaks out into the open. The conscious overtures and demands for attention aren't that meaningful.
>>
>>16780113
>The look of an interesting person isn't so much about garish displays of non-conformity though. It's subtle. It's in a person's flair, the details of their style

I like this post.
>>
>>16780113
>Plain looking people are rarely interesting people.

Right. So every world famous author, nobel peace prize winner, leading scientist, etc.. thier achievements are of no interest to you if they're plain looking.

What an ugly world you inhabit.
>>
>>16780113
>Plain looking people are rarely interesting people. That's not to say that they don't think they're interesting. They're just kidding themselves.

I don't agree with the above, but I do agree with everything else you said. I think that plain looking people, more often than not, define themselves in ways that aren't related to appearance. In other words, they define themselves based on music preferences, favorite artists, their creative pursuits, and so on. It seems to me that plain looking people allocate their time and energy to other aspects of their life. Interestingly and paradoxically, they don't look interesting, so they're boring to look at while they do or talk or think about interesting thing X.
>>
>>16780358
>>16780531
>moron and guy who didn't finish reading, respectively

Read the last paragraph again.

>The look of an interesting person isn't so much about garish displays of non-conformity though. It's subtle. It's in a person's flair, the details of their style. Those are the ways that a personality leaks out into the open.

When he talks about 'plain/boring' people he means the sort of dead inside people that frequent 4chan.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.