[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need advice /adv/. I recently found out that I have schizophrenia,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1275880959588.jpg (49 KB, 490x440) Image search: [Google]
1275880959588.jpg
49 KB, 490x440
I need advice /adv/. I recently found out that I have schizophrenia, and long story short my life was destroyed because of it. As of now I have lost all my friends, my job, I don't have hobbies or emotions, and I am a terrible drug addict. I'm living with my parents now, and my question is how do I get a relationship? I can barely understand what anyone is saying because of the illness, and when I leave my house everyone outside tells me I should kill myself. Does anyone have practical advice on destroying my soul crushing loneliness? I feel like I have nothing, inside or out. Sorry about the bitchy post.
>>
>see a psychiatrist
>get on some antipsychotics
>apply for disability (SSI or SSDI, depending on your work history or lack thereof); get a lawyer

Schizophrenia sucks, but it's hardly a death sentence. Most schizophrenics can't work but they can definitely live and have meaningful relationships, and at least hobbies.

The chatroom I go on for mental health has a lot of schizophrenics. Most of them can't work, or can only work a limited amount of the time, but they still do things -- they have hobbies, spouses, children, whatever. Some paint, some are artists, some write, some just play video games all day, but they're alive and somewhat functional and doing their best to live with a disease.

>"If you can paint, why can't you work?"
Because relapse rates are really, really high for schizophrenics who work, due to the increased stress, and painting on occasion is very different from having an actual job.

The fact is, if you can't work, you still need something to fill your day with.
>>
>>16779278
I play Starcraft all day, its not too bad. I'm more talking about a having a relationship with a girl, I've never had one and it is killing me. What kind of delusions do you have? I don't think I have full blown schizophrenia I probably have schitzoaffective disorder.
Ty for your post
>>
>>16779278
Yes like me I live on disability support. I sit at home wishing I was dead with no interest in doing anything anymore except shit-posting on 4chan to piss off the country and the world that won't let me die because I'm not considered mentally fit to make that decision. I live in Canada btw.
>>
File: 1280167966210.jpg (45 KB, 500x351) Image search: [Google]
1280167966210.jpg
45 KB, 500x351
Fuckin telepathy, these voices put up such a good argument for everyone being able to hear me I can barely believe I'm delusional. It seems more like everyone is just lying to me
>>
Are there cute girls in mental asylums?
>>
>>16779308
I'm not schizophrenic, I just happen to know a lot of them. The flash client is down on the website for the chatroom I go to, but they have a mobile client you can still use from your desktop if you're interested: http://theircvillage.com/mchat/

Most people on there are past the point where they have a lot of problems with delusions (they've been schizophrenic for a while, APs are working relatively well for them, etc.), but there is one guy with persistent persecutorial delusions. A newbie recently told me how he came to God after having a vision of being throat-raped by George Bush and Saddam Hussein (...I'm not sure where the connection is but he seems sure there is one.).

You get all kinds.

Schizoaffective actually seems preferable to schizophrenia to me, because you can treat the mood problems a lot better, but that's just me.
>>
>>16779330
Thanks, Ill check it out. I honestly feel normal until I start really thinking about it and then I'm like, no my mom isn't messing with my internet using wizard powers to keep me from masturbating.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.