[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm having my first real relationship right about now, 18
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: what's the deal.jpg (44 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
what's the deal.jpg
44 KB, 375x375
I'm having my first real relationship right about now, 18 years old and she's about a year younger than me. I'm in college, she dropped out of high school, but I've thought she was cute for a very long time, since we were in high school together. My friend greased the wheel (told me she wouldn't mind dating me), but because I was nervous it's been kind of vague. I spaghetti'd while letting her know I was interested, but I still did it. I've been over to her house for Thanksgiving and met her family (her brother is in my friend group so that wasn't a romantic night, but her family knows me, and mine her). Her mom likes me a lot, or so I'm told by her and her brother.

So, I want to take her out on Valentine's Day to seal the deal. I'm thinking about taking her to a movie, or out to dinner perhaps. Should I get her a gift, or is that too formal? I want the first date to be nice. How can I be smooth if we're both spaghetti spewers?
>>
OP here, bumping. General first date tips, anyone?
>>
Why'd you say you were already in your first 'real relationship' if you haven't even been on a date with her?
>>
>>16779179
>>16779813
Well, if you already know her, a movie would be fine. Not much of a chance for conversation, though. Dinner is a good idea, you can be with each other and still converse, and lots of restaurants have Valentine's day specials, but book early.
As far as a gift goes... maybe keep it a small gesture, nothing too grand or expensive. Skip the sappy card, make one yourself. No jewelry for a first gift. Flowers are usually a good bet.
>>
>>16779820
Because she's already sorta agreed to it, kinda. We hang out with friends, we cuddle there, we've been jokingly referred to as dating. But you're right, it hasn't really actually started yet, I'm a bit of a beta.
>>
>>16779835
I was thinking flowers and/or chocolate as a gift, so thanks, I'll be doing that. Probably a little sappy handwritten card telling her she's lovely, too, because she is.

A movie would have too little time for conversation, but if I spill my spaghetti too hard dinner could have long and awkward pauses, now that I'm thinking about it. Maybe an activity to go along with it like bowling would work.
>>
>>16779179
femanon here.
>movie or dinner
If she is outgoing and loves to talk, then dinner.
If she is more reserved then cinema.
>gift or not
a small gift would not hurt at all. maybe something simple, but high quality. is she into makeup? if it is the case, i have a lot of suggestions.
>>
>>16779946
>makeup?
I'm not sure, but tell me anyways, please.
>>
>>16779946
>>16779979
Different femanon here, I wouldn't suggest makeup as a present. Different girls have different preferences about what they wear, what colours, what skin tone they have etc. and if you're not even sure whether she wears makeup, how would you know what she likes? Unless she has asked for something specific, stay away from the makeup route. Go with a giftcard if you want, but don't buy makeup as a present unless you know for sure she wants something.
>>
>>16779988
>skin tone
I meant skin type, but you probably know nothing about skin tones too
>>
>>16779988
yeah i know that. maybe something 'universal'. like, a mascara, or a eyeshadow primer. >>16779979
'better than sex mascara' by too faced. it is just perfect, i'm sure she will love it, even because it's really easy to use, improves you look overall, you just need few seconds to apply, and you can use it on daily basis.
>>
>>16780006
I haven't tried it myself, but I've heard people say they don't like that mascara and prefer others. See? There is no 'universal' makeup product, it's all subject to preferences - just because one person likes a product, doesn't mean another will. OP doesn't even know if she uses makeup anyway
>>
>>16780017
mh, right. well, op's gotta find something good for her. i mean, he's the only one here who knows what she's into.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.