[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever given or received the advice "just be yourself"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1
File: kekgaard.jpg (450 KB, 1661x2168) Image search: [Google]
kekgaard.jpg
450 KB, 1661x2168
Have you ever given or received the advice "just be yourself" unironically? In regards to what? Was there any input or was it a one liner?

Did the person who received the advice actually felt better when he/she "started being themselves"? How did they change socially, did they turn into tactless autists or become more friendly?
>>
>>16778110
Yes i have and it is true to a certain degree.

What "most" people that i value search for is genuinity. As in, people that are comfortable being themselves.

There was this huge turbonerd in my class last semester and i was talking to this one girl about him, who i considered would trash him because he was a low-beta guy.

But she blew my mind when she actually stated that she really respected him for being who he was and for being so genuine about his views.

When i asked her what she thought about me she told me that she thought that i think too much and that one can feel that.

That really blew my mind at the time and i have now come to accept this worldview while trying to be more genuine myself.

However, the gist of the message is also to try to accept that failure in interacting with some people will happen if you are unwilling to conform, which is what happens when you are genuine.

As such: be prepared for people to laugh behind your back for as long as they dont clap at you.

Change may come, but you will have to work on it and your attitude.

These are my 2 cents on it OP, i hope it helps.
Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.