[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stressed about the idea of college away from home?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: download (1).jpg (12 KB, 278x181) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
12 KB, 278x181
I'm going to be transferring to a college an hour and a half away from my hometown to live with friends and continue pursuing my major. And to get out of my neighborhood a bit.

The only idea that fucks with me is that if something goes wrong, for whatever reason and I feel miserable, I can't just head home like I can living in my hometown. I'm worried about being homesick, and just overall lacking the conveniences of living at home. I honestly didn't think the idea of it would hit me this hard, but it has, and I'm stressing about it, and it's fucking hard with my anxiety. I'm guessing this is normal to stress about, but I'm one of those people that if I can't back into my "safety" corner, then I start to freak out. Am I really worrying about nothing?
>>
>>16777628
Yes, it is a rather normal thing to worry about.

Moving, getting fired, and divorce are supposed to be the three most stressful things a person can go through.

But once you actually do move, it'll all be much easier. After a few days, you'll let your guard down in your new place. After a couple weeks, it'll feel like home.

And you'll always be able to call your family and old friends and even spend a weekend or two each month back at home. An hour and a half really isn't that far.
>>
>>16777628
You've been given a blessing my friend. Enjoy it. I'm living at home at 21, and I'll likely be 23-24 before that can realistically change and I'm sick of it. Don't be like me.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.