[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am the drunkest I've ever been right now... Is this what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 20160206_135029_resized.jpg (679 KB, 1161x2064) Image search: [Google]
20160206_135029_resized.jpg
679 KB, 1161x2064
I am the drunkest I've ever been right now...

Is this what normal people are like all the time? Being drunk doesn't affect my judgement or my conscience, but I notice it just makes me SUPER tolerant and happy. I work with a ton of fucking retards who are incredibly imperceptive and don't remember jack shit, day in and day out. I've had about 10 shots of Bacardi 151, and I think I'm beginning to understand what their life is like, every day, and how they put up with the standard slog of being an adult.

When I'm sober, I'm super-perceptive, and stupidity annoys the fuck out of me, as does mindless busywork. I have very little patience. But now that I'm fucking pickled, I feel the most "normal" that I've ever felt. I don't mean to imply that I'm a better person than most, but... I can't help but feel that's the case. I just understand and perceive shit better than your average normie. I go through life every day, wondering if I'm supposed to be okay with this until I die. But then, every so often, I decide to get sloshed, and those are the only times that the idea of a normal life seems okay to me. What the fuck? Tell me I'm not the only person like this, please.

Apologies for the picture. I'm a /toy/fag, and this is my drink of choice.
>>
You should get drunker. Keep drinking until you pass out on the floor and pee your pants.
>>
You kind of remind me of myself, if I were more full of myself.

Digression aside, I don't drink much either and I have a similar opinion of alcohol. Personally, I'm an enormous introvert and I try and get tipsy before I go to casual social events or before I go hang out with people. It helps keep my internal thoughts silent and allows me to focus on the people around me.
>>
Keep drinking until you literally can't stay awake anymore, and you just pass out whereever you are at the moment, even if it's on the front lawn, or in the street.
>>
Have you considered that when you're the smartest one if the room, you're in the wrong room?

It isn't impressive to be the most perceptive and understanding person flipping a burger. Don't be so full of yourself and perhaps you'll funnel this supposed intelligence towards something better.
>>
Last 4th of July, I drank a whole half gallon of vodka. I fell asleep face down on the front lawn, and woke up at 2PM the next day, You should do that too.
>>
Alcohol was made for abusing.
>>
>bacardi 151
Please learn how to buy proper booze while you accept your arrogance. Let me guess: no one likes you at work?
>>
>>16777476
I'm a diesel diagnostic technician. I deal with a lot of troubleshooting and logic. I also handle all of the accounting, warranty, and inventory at the company I work at.

Granted, I work with some really dumb motherfuckers, but most days I contemplate inflicting injury upon myself just so I won't have to listen to my coworkers another day, both on the labor and management side of things.

>>16777464
Same. I find I'm very judgmental of people unless I'm three sheets to the wind. I usually avoid social gatherings because most personality types wear on my patience something fierce.

FYI, I've taken three more shots since making this post. Feels great. I should do this every night. I was never much of a drinker, but this is so therapeutic.
>>
>>16777601
>Let me guess: no one likes you at work?
People used to like me. I'm very good at playing the social chameleon.

In recent months, I've started taking night classes, and have become very introverted and curt with my fellow employees, so I imagine they've started to think I'm becoming jaded. It's just that I spend most of my free time driving to class, learning and studying.

Also, what is "proper booze"? I can't stand the taste of alcohol, and I generally buy the strongest stuff available at my local liquor store to get me drunk the quickest.
>>
>>16777446
>doesn't affect my judgement or my conscience
is what I believed as well until I woke up next to a fattie, twice.
>>
>>16777625

You buy the stuff on the bottom shelf in plastic bottles. In bulk. Then you drink from measuring cups as makeshift shot glasses while you sit in the bathtub and maybe cry. Just drink straight from the bottle if you're sitting during a shower. Or a bath if you're feeling adventurous. Then maybe you'll fall asleep and drown.
If it's not something a divorced dad would drink, don't bother.
>>
Nah I'd say like dosing Gabapentin 600mgs every hour or so feels like what "normal" is. I felt okay making small talk, relaxed, not elated or "feel good".. but just content and friendly.
>>
>>16777632
Does your name start with A? You remind me of someone's who does.
>>
>>16777632
Gotcha.

>>16777638
OP here. My name, does in fact, start with A.

>>16777630
I've been dating a fattie for 5 years. Will probably marry her, she's fucking amazing in every aspect, although I'm helping her to diet right now for health reason. I should add, the first time I ever got quantifiably drunk was long after I met her, though.
>>
>>16777638

Afraid not, Anon.
>>
>>16777612
Again, you're the smartest one in the idiot row, so to speak. You're in the wrong row and shouldn't take pride in striving within it.
>>
>>16777657
Well, with the rest of your post of being with someone, not the A I know.
He just drinks in bathtubs though. Met him on a different chan.
>>
You're not smart if you're drinking alcohol, especially while alone. Almost any drug is better than alcohol and there drugs you can take to help you work on your patience.
>>
>>16777703
>You're not smart if you're drinking alcohol, especially while alone.

/adv/ really is full of 16 year olds. Do you really believe that nobody intelligent drinks? I know this isn't directly related to the thread, but give us a break.
>>
>>16777670
I have a feeling you don't know what being a diesel diagnostic technician entails. Nor do you know how hard it is to essentially manage a business alongside of those responsibilities. Just because my job is linked to physical labor, doesn't mean it is as mindless as such. Mind if I ask what vocation you work in that entitles you to pass judgement on others' so absolutely?

I used to handle that part of it, changing brakes, tires and what-have-you. Then I was thrust into the position of managing the business and diagnostic aspect of things, because I was the youngest and most computer-literate of the outfit.

>>16777703
>there drugs you can take to help you work on your patience.
Which ones?
>>
>>16777703
Alcohol is readily available and legal (Also not op, I posted about a A name).
It's nice. I can sit and watch netflix. Listen to music. Think about shit. Mess around on /adv/.
I dont want a bar where what i bought would cost way more. I can lay down. No worries about getting home.
>>
>>16777733
I can tell you're too daft to know that being the smartest one in the room means.

Let me paint it in direct language. If you're honestly and truly the smartest person in your workplace, you will find a workplace where you can grow more. Instead of, you know, looking at your co-workers like subhumans. If you're as intelligent, perceptive, and talented as you say, why aren't you continually moving up there?

You're actively letting your supposed superiority prohibit upward mobility. Enjoy crippling yourself with vanity despite being skilled and perhaps overqualified.

Nobody said being a diesel technician was easy, by the way. All you did by defending it was highlight insecurity. I'll chalk that up to being the drunkest you've ever been.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.