[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
dating someone while hung up on ex
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (262 KB, 754x688) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
262 KB, 754x688
is it wrong to date someone you know really likes you if you're still hung up on or still borderline in love with your ex?

I'm 19 and broke up with my ex in December (merry fucking Christmas) because we wanted to go in drastically different directions in life, physically and professionally. it fucking ripped me apart, even though I put on a brave face and said I was fine with it. we still talk, snapchat sometimes, but not that much. but when he does I still get that rush and butterflies from when we first met, and still sometimes can't help but think about what our future together would have been like. I've never really thought about anyone like that before. he's the only person I've ever cried over since I was very young

but now I've met someone who is really great. I know I'd like him if my mind wasn't on my ex all the time, and he really really wants to start dating. I've tried bringing up my feelings for my ex before, and he seems to get very upset and I feel guilty so I stop

I guess my question is, should I just try and wait until I get over my ex first (fuck knows when that will be), or just go for it and hope my feelings for the new guy become strong enough to help me get over my ex? would that be unfair to the new guy?
>>
>>16777287
Sometimes you can't help how you feel. Don't lead the other guy on and tell him you're not ready to date so that guy can go meet someone who can give them 100%.
>>
>>16777287
Relationships are drug addiction.
The love chemicals and hormones are like heroine, and when you break up you have withdrawals. Thats why you can be so fed up with someone youre used to and comfortable with, but once you leave suddenly they're the only thing you ever needed (Hung up)

Everything above is actual science..

Truth be told, sleeping with someone else is almost an instant cure, and dating someone new really helps a lot.. because theyre essentially going to signal your brain to continue the release (Plus a lot of better stuff that comes with new love).

What Im saying is if you do date him, you wont be hung up on your ex much longer at all..

The only foreseeable problem is this guy may not be as great as you think, you're not exactly thinking straight right now...
>>
>>16777293
so you're saying I should date him or just have sex with someone?

>>16777290
that makes sense I suppose
>>
it's not just wrong, it's bad for you

you time > jumping into another relationship
>>
>>16777287
First off break contact with your ex. That's stopping you from moving on. Date this other guy and only talk to him. You talking to your x is messing up your brain.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.