[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/ Been having a period that has lasted 16 days now and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: Yawning-Red-Panda.jpg (152 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Yawning-Red-Panda.jpg
152 KB, 1000x1000
Hey /adv/

Been having a period that has lasted 16 days now and it doesn't seem to want to stop. There's no pain anymore and the bleeding is not heavy either but it's still there. I also found some white dried up stuff on both of my nipples. First thing I thought was that I might be pregnant so I took a test but it came back negative. I'm going to the doctor on Monday but does anyone have an idea of what could be causing this?
>>
>>16777123
your uterus probably.
>>
Are you using an IUD?
>>
>>16777128
No I just take the pill.
>>
You have hormonal issues and you possibly also have anaemia. The female body is fucked up: the less iron you have, the more you are going to bleed.

The dried white stuff on your nipples is normal or at least within the range of normal. Nipples are modified sweat glands and will discharge all sorts of random shit sometimes thinking it's "sweat". For example, for some women the lactation thing fucks up and instead of milk they ooze a yellowish wax made of colostrum.

Go to your doctor and see if you can change the method of birth control.
>>
>>16777142
Thanks anon. I actually changed brands some months ago and I kept taking this one because it stopped some mood swings I was getting. Do you have any recommendations? I'm going to my generalist since that's the one I made my appointment with, if I wait to go to my gyro it'll have to wait much longer. So far I've been on Yaz, some variant of Yaz and currently am on Minastrin.
>>
>>16777164
To be honest, if you had a birth control brand that's working for you, the easiest and safest thing to do is to skip the placebo pills and just have the contraceptive pills all the time.

I would also recommend that you consider a more long-term contraception such as depo-provera (injections) or implanon (3 year rod implant they shove in your arm). If you have fallen pregnant or had surgical intervention in your uterus (say, to remove an ovarian cyst), IUDs are also an option too. I don't recommend this as an option for someone who has never been pregnant or had surgery because perforation of the uterus blah blah.
>>
>>16777200
What does skipping the placebos do? I've also never been pregnant but I asked my last gyno about it because I was interested and she told me it had too many complications and that she preferred not to give it to their patients.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.