[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am at this turning point in my life. I ended a 4 years long
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1425791173697.jpg (573 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1425791173697.jpg
573 KB, 2560x1440
I am at this turning point in my life.

I ended a 4 years long relationship, moved out of his appartment. I am a first year at uni, dealing with the annual exams. Also, I was promoted at my job.

I feel Iike I am constantly rediscovering myself, working on myself. But I sometimes also fail. I quit smoking a couple of months ago but ever since the break up I started smoking again from time to time. I just get random moments of anxiety and they make me feel like I am about to be crushed into little pieces.

What should I do? How should I approach everything? Can someone tell me their past experiences?

I am the one who ended the relationship, I am the one who wanted it. We didn't fit together but I didn't feel ready to let go for a while so it took me some time to take the step.

Also, how do I know when I am okay to date again? I wouldn't want to just rebound.
>>
>>16775963

The other day I ate some chocolate. I went on a date and she told me to call her tomorrow, then she made an excuse but said she would love to do something, she just can't atm and then blew me off again.

What should I do? How should I approach everything? Can someone tell me their past experiences?
>>
Stop trying to make every single thing in your life go right.

You, and every other human being in the world, did something that ended up not going to plan, despite their best laid intentions.

Evaluate your own behavior, you're just anxious, do something to relax.
>>
General advice. There is nothing wrong with failing, but you can never allow yourself to give up.

Typically, you should wait to start dating until you are stable emotionally, there is no magic time frame for this. Just wait until you feel okay about yourself and have accepted that the former relationship as run its course. Provided there was no abuse a good metric of this is when you no longer have negative feelings toward the ex.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.