[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been getting really bad RLS lately. It had usually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 166x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 166x250
I've been getting really bad RLS lately. It had usually only been at night, but recently I've been getting it during the week whenever I try to lay down to watch TV or nap. Even if my brain is sleepy the feeling won't go away and it's been so unbearable, I sometimes cry and have panic attacks. I hve a doctors appointment, but due to insurance and my busy schedule it's nearly a month ago. Does anybody know what I can do? I hve tried:
>otc meds. None work
>working out my legs during the day
>massages and hot showers
>avoiding atimulants late in the day
>melatonin and other natural sleep aids
>cutting out antihistamines
>deep breathing and relaxation techniques
>weed- usually helps but not enough for me to fall asleep. So my muscles relax for an hour or two but it's not a permanent fix to help me sleep
>cold or hot compresses
I think the cause may be stress or medication though I've delt with anxiety my whole life as well and taken the meds I take for awhile so I don't know if that's the only or even the cause(s)
Halp?
>>
>>16775520
Not for nearly a month*
My b
>>
take hot baths with epsom salt. also take magnesium.
>>
Get more iron (animal protein, nuts, beans) and go to the fucking doctor because there are prescriptions for that shit
>>
if you try gabapentin and it makes you worse the first day, just stop taking it.
>>
Thanks guys. Yeah I've been paying attention to my diet, but if that's a factor it obviously won't fix itself overnight. Yeah I have a doc appt coming up but I just don't wanna be suicidal in the meantime
>>
>>16775836
i also take turmeric, a half a tsp in water twice a day. turmeric is supposed to rebuild neurons and i think dopamine/seretonin receptors. rls stems from a dopamine problem i think. you'll have to look it up.

here's a link for the best turmeric.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Advanced-Bio-Curcumin-with-Ginger-Turmerones-Life-Extension-30-Softgel/37398888
>>
maybe you should cut the melatonin out.
>>
stop drinking tap water if you do.
>>
vicks vapor rub is supposed to help with muscle aches, you could try just lathering that shit on. put some towels on your bed first though.
>>
if gabapentin doesnt work there's always neurontin.
>>
you're gonna have to be patient with the vicks.
>>
dude im did the vicks right now and its kinda working. ive been using it for my lungs but now my leg is feeling kinda better.
>>
maybe leg bands can help.
>>
>>16775520
All horrible psychological problems I've had came from not being a normal human being. I'm not sure what that means to you, but whenever I attempted to do what a normal human being would to I always got better.
>>
>>16775973
yeah bro, i put that vicks on my leg just now and i felt kinda normal but because i got rls, and even with the fucking vicks i couldnt feel completely normal. im on the same boat as you. it sucks.
>>
on the bottle of melatonin it says not for people with depressive disorders, thats you OP.
>>
Forget otc, baths, Vicks, herbs, etc.

Get to a doctor ASAP for Requip or Mirapex.
>>
stretches. work your way up to longer better stretches.
>>
http://www.drugs.com/mirapex.html
>>
tell your doctor if your symptoms get worse
>>
>>16776034
You people are unbelievably ignorant.

Look up RLS. Educate yourself before sending this poor victim off on wild goose chase of no possible value, ffs.
>>
>>16776050
no faggot im trying to get OP to do everything he can to decrease the pain he experiences with rls. i also have rls you dipshit nigger faggot piece of shit.
>>
OP, do everything you can. do all the fucking home remedies and try the god damn mirapex.
>>
My RLS was aggravated by having anemia. Iron supplements have helped. Vitamin C helps absorption of iron so try having juice with the supplements to increase their effectiveness.

Mine is also aggravated by my sleep meds but there's nothing I can do about that. But anemia is definitely a contributor, and if you're female you're probably slightly anemic already.
>>
>>16775791
make your diet have iron in it also like this guy was saying.
>>
drink warm tea to get your mind off it.
>>
you know OP this is all really good advice, freakin use it aight.
>>
>>16776027
dont fucking forget the baths, vicks, herbs, and idk what the fuck otc is.

use all those and do mirapex. dont be a fucking idiot and not do all that you can. write all this shit down. remember to use epsom salt in the baths.
>>
get the epsom salt with the laxative so you can take a good meaty Shit later in the day. fucking do this OP. play world of warcraft as part of your lifestyle.
>>
File: worldofwarcraftdwarf.jpg (105 KB, 640x462) Image search: [Google]
worldofwarcraftdwarf.jpg
105 KB, 640x462
choose alliance.
>>
are you going to play wow OP?
>>
Arthritis & Sport- its for aching muscles and arthritis.
>>
File: arthritis & sport.jpg (9 KB, 211x238) Image search: [Google]
arthritis & sport.jpg
9 KB, 211x238
>>16777165
>>
File: arthas.jpg (10 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
arthas.jpg
10 KB, 259x194
i dont think you should play world of warcraft OP.
>>
can we get this thread going again guys? good times in this thread, eh?
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 312x244) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 312x244
OP here,
Although amused, I am very dissapointed.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.