[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bringing your partner down
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: negativity.jpg (55 KB, 600x411) Image search: [Google]
negativity.jpg
55 KB, 600x411
My boyfriend was at a party this week, where he got a text from me, and it ruined his mood. A girl he had classes with noticed and said, "wow, she's really bringing you down". He asked if she meant just then or generally, and she said generally. We were on the verge of breaking up like 8 months ago and she helped him move his stuff temporarily. They aren't close, but they're familiar with each other.

When he came home he told me about it and said that he agreed with her. I do too. I know it's my fault, I'm a bad partner a lot of the time, and I've improved in some ways and I try but to be honest I don't ever see myself not being like how I am now. I'm pretty sure it's part of who I am.

He definitely doesn't want to end the relationship. I'm afraid it's because of some Stockholm Syndrome type thing? I've read that people see their partners like how they were when they first met, and I think he had a very good first impression on me. I don't want to be bringing him down, or be an abusive partner, but we've been together almost 5 years, he's my first boyfriend and everything. Our entire adult lives have been together and we're really compatible apart from the fact that I'm a huge asshole a lot of the time. I don't know what to do.
>>
Sounds like he's a bitch. If he can't even get a text from you without turning into a moody emo, then he should just break up with you.
>>
>>16774908

I agree with this. Sounds like he doesn't want to be with you anymore but is too scared to be alone or start over with someone else.

You're probably going to have to be the one to end it.
>>
What did your text say?
>>
My gf does stuff like this sometime, when I (rarely) go out with friends, she send messages like "are there pretty girls around or something
" like that. So OP, try and figure out your insecurities and work on that for start.
And for your bf, he seems like a bitch for waiting to comment about this alone, and not with his friends. Personal messages are not to be shown like that.
>>
>>16774910
Why do you think he doesn't want to be with me? He insists that he does. He was unsure 8 months ago but I started crying (I can be a moody emo too) saying that maybe we should break up because of the bringing him down thing, and he just laughed and hugged me, and said that it was my choice but that he knew what his choice was (he wants to stay in the relationship). Is there something in my post that indicates to you guys that he wants to end it but is scared?
>>
>>16774917
The answer is " yea a babe there's a lot of pretty girls"
>>
>>16774918
Look the real thing is simple he's miserable with you

Your a shitty gf and he's a loser of a guy congrats you two shits don't mix well
>>
>>16774917
He didn't show the message to her, she just knew it was from me...which is telling...

>>16774912
I was upset before he left over something that had happened, and he asked but I was having a hard time expressing it. I texted it to him later. I was on the fence but I sent it, I know it was an asshole move though .He said he didn't want to go to the party and I didn't know it would upset him like that.
>>
>>16774875

It's really impossible to judge your situation without any specifics. What did your text message say? What do you do/say that makes you such a "bad partner?"

Really, to me, it sounds like the "girl he has classes with" wants to be his new girlfriend, she's shit-talking you any chance she gets, and getting to his head.

But again, if you actually explain what you did/said that's so awful, it'll be easier to judge without jumping to conclusions
>>
>>16774918

From what you said it sounds like he breaks down whenever there is a disagreement. That is usually a telltale sign when someone is wanting to break up - they attempt to use any excuse to start talking about leaving.

Also, nobody wants to be with an asshole. It is not cute or endearing, it is annoying to have to walk on eggshells due to your partner being a manchild who responds to any and all stressors with a tantrum.
>>
Frankly it sounds to me like this guy is just another fickle bitch who doesn't know anything about commitment or loyalty and probably just doesn't want to be with you anymore. It's sad, but people are like this, that's part of the reason why people suck ass in general. Both women and men.
>>
>>16774927

>it sounds like the "girl he has classes with" wants to be his new girlfriend, she's shit-talking you any chance she gets

This.

"wow, she's really bringing you down." TEXTBOOK thirsty-white-bitch tactics
>>
>>16774927
>>16774958
I don't know her but I'm pretty sure she's gay.

>>16774936
I'm kind of a bigger asshole than he is, but he says he still wants to be with me. I'd say he's more the one walking on eggshells and that that explains the girl's reaction saying that I bring him down. I get upset or mean over small things too often.

But he talks about the long term and wants to stay, but being in a relationship where I'm an asshole feels morally wrong to me, but I can't imagine life without him.
>>
>>16774958

Don't feed into the delusion that it is just her.

Nobody gets stolen away who doesn't want to be.
>>
>>16774966

>I'd say he's more the one walking on eggshells
>I get upset or mean over small things too often.

Maybe I wasn't clear, but that is exactly what I was saying. He hates being around you because you're a crazy person.

People who are trapped in a relationship always talk about staying and long term shit with the oppressor because they know it appeases them so they won't fly off the handle. It doesn't mean anything.

I'd give you my requisite advice of putting on your big girl pants and talking to him about it but it doesn't seem like you're capable of that.
>>
>>16774973
Sorry, I was confused by "manchild" and people saying he was overreacting.

His talks about the long term are legitimate, not something I've requested. He's pushed for it more than I have.

I've tried talking about it, we've had conversations. What do you mean specifically? Having the break up conversation?
>>
>>16774980

Sorry, but you're too delusional for me. FYI: once you start bringing up things that completely change the conversation then people on /adv/ usually assume that you're a liar and begin to troll your thread.

Maybe someone else will be willing to talk to you, but I'm done.
>>
>>16774999
How am I bringing up things that completely change the conversation? I legitimately don't understand what you're saying or how I'm delusional. What I've said is pretty objective.
>>
>>16775005

Not the person you're replying to, and I wouldn't call you "delusional," but it's pretty much impossible to give you a good answer in this thread. You've been very vague in your description of these problems, you give no real examples or specifics, and then when someone tries to piece it together to give you advice anyway, THEN you give the one little piece of information that renders the answer meaningless.

Pretty much all we can do here is jump to conclusions for you, completely un-informed, and just hope that one of our random guesses about your situation turns out to be correct
>>
>>16774875
What did you write to him, what was it about and what was the tone like?

All these faggots in this thread sound like white-knight betas that just want to suck up to you.

a text can contain literally anything, which can bring down anybodies mood - as such it would be better if you told us/me what you wrote in order to be able to better asses the situation.

Also, describe your behaviour to him that you consider "bitchy".
>>
U still haven't told us what did u text him? Do u always text some shit to him when he is outside without u ?
>>
>>16775005
The other anon is being very intimidating and probably has problems of it's own, I wouldn't worry about it.
No, AFAIK, you didn't change the topic, anon has reading comprehension problems.
>>
>>16775017
Whats the point of white-knighting over a internet girl you will never meet?
>>
>>16775043
The feeling of having helped someone and thus feeling reinforced in ones own opinion.

In this situation OP might have written anything, as such the first few replies in the gist of "hes a bitch...!!" are just sentences they think she wants to hear or are from simpletons, neither of whic actually alleviates her issues.
>>
>>16774875

You guys deserve each other. You're a nagging bitch, and he's an unconfident pussy.

You stay together because you both know that you don't deserve the love of a better person until you get your shit together.
>>
What the fuck did you text him? What was the disagreement before he left? Why are you skirting around these questions, troll?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.