[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reaching B2 (GER) in 1 year from scratch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1454635679258.jpg (81 KB, 720x631) Image search: [Google]
1454635679258.jpg
81 KB, 720x631
I'm supposed to learn German to B2 level, in one year, so that I can start going to university in Germany or Austria.

Unfortunately I started the "A1.1" course at this "school" since I thought "cool, I can learn the basics really well and shit", and only later have I found out that not only they split their A level courses into to, but apparently they split their B courses into 5!! (B1.1 B1.2 B1.3... and note that each of those lasts 3 fucking months) I don't even want to know about the C levels...

Now after having lost 3 months (I have only finished a half of an A1 course, hence A1.1), is B2 doable in a 10 months span or so in a normal language school that doesn't try to milk all of my money like the aforementioned one? (I also study a lot at home and have basically taught myself most of the things we did at the course before it even started)

What do you suggest? Is going abroad to Germany for ex. and spending some time in their language schools learning German a good idea?
>>
If you're confident enough to insist on communication German. idk this a and B thing but speaking broken German to fluent speakers is scary and they will want to try their English on you and most Germans can communicate through engllish and like 25% are fluent.
If you do go on some student exchange don't fall into a habit of letting people speak to you in english, just only reply in German and they should get it
idk gl
>>
>>16774881
Oh and it'll be great for accent if you try hard because you'll be embarrassed by how you sound
>>
As someone who took two fucking years to get to B1

Yes, it's possible... if you have the heart and dedication to power through it and study for at least an hour every single day. Good luck.
>>
I got to b2 in two years with less than optimal effort, aka half an hour to an hour everyday, speaking with a friend, watching German movies and shit. going on exchange will most definitely speed up the process: I went to Germany with a "B2" but actually speaking it in the country was something else entirely. Even if you don't go on exchange, practising speaking as often as you can helps heaps, especially if you do a class.

The classes I did had a bunch of dropkicks in them that always insisted on speaking English and I'm pretty sure they're still at A2 even after the year abroad program we did.
>>
>>16774785
The b2 exam is extremely difficult. The only way you can guarantee passing in a year is by studying 3 hours a day in that country on a course there. My friend is doing that now, i dont know how much you already know but it's difficult unless youre speaking the language every day.
>>
OP here, thanks for the opinions!

>>16774911
Well, I have all the time of the world on my hands currently, since I decided to take a gap year after HS since I wanted to strengthen my knowledge for the uni, and learn German. I stretch my German learning throughout the day, just reading up on bits of grammar and going through the schoolbook, so it easily accounts for a couple of hours a day. Oh well, I'll just keep on studying and continue taking classes I guess.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.