[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do I stop being so aggressive I go around all the time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: panda rage.gif (992 KB, 323x224) Image search: [Google]
panda rage.gif
992 KB, 323x224
how do I stop being so aggressive

I go around all the time bullying people, taking other peoples girls, pushing people into things
sleeping with women and compulsive drinking occupies half my spare time, the other half is dedicated to hating things.

people find me lots of fun, mainly because I'm very outgoing and organize a lot of things, some people like my frankness.
some people just like me telling them what to do.
>>
Sounds like a great life. People like you get everything and people follow you like sheep. I've seen this. I know someone like you, but I don't think he feels bad about himself. Do you really? If so, why? Did something happen that made you regret being this way?
>>
>>16774703
>Do you really? If so, why? Did something happen that made you regret being this way?
Time to weaponize empathy, eh?
Though I admit I find it amusing OP wants us to tell him hot to stop telling people what to do. In away it's probably best not to, any group that desperately willing to be herd wouldn't last long if they scattered. Since OP seems to have a shred of decency he's keeping them safe from far worse influences, at the expense of his peace of mind seemingly but such is life.
>>
>>16774703
it's not like I regret it, honestly I'm often frustrated by the people around me lacking spine and/or taking things personally

but I worry that I might be hurting the people around me though my callousness, or subverting their actual goals

it also brings me into very full on conflict with a range of other people, often those in positions of authority who want to rule by that authority instead of by consensus or expertise
a lot of people take one look at me and think "no good can come of knowing this person"

the women in my life are increasingly becoming dependent on me and loosing their spark, my reputation as a womanizer is hurting me and people are beginning to mock me as my ambition eclipses my achievements (which are not great)
>>
>>16774719
that is a fairly astute comment, I have a definite shepherding tendancy

last week a landlord was bullying my friend, so I called up a lawyer I knew and we sent the guy a threatening letter

one of my friends struggles with how much work he has, so I cleaned up his whole house and re-did his garden

the dark side of that is that the people I help half fear me I think, they call me a friend but I doubt if I was in need they would come unless I pressed them into it

I am worried in the future I might start to take advantage of the people around me instead of asking for their help, and that the number of bridges I burn will leave me in the underworld
>>
>>16774719
"Time to weaponize empathy" - wow! I LOVE that. *stealing* I want that to be my motto.
>>
>>16774730
"Underworld?" Are you some kind of gangster?
>>
>>16774737
no, but it seems to me that the people I know who are like me are all gangsters
I already have little regard for the law, and don't value the people I see as without merit, and I don't have a proper career

but even to a lesser extent, I am just going to end up with so many people hating or being aware of the trouble I can cause that doors will be closed in my face

my kingdom will only extend as far as I can reach, everyone out of my reach will shrink away from me
>>
>>16774671
>people find me lots of fun
But it sounds like you don't like to be in that mental headspace all the time. Understandable. But I don't know how to help...
>>
>>16774671
Sounds like the realization of being a natural leader and performing the role is taking a toll on you anon. How about taking stock of what you actually want rather than living in a whirlwind? None of this shit is important, but your self identity is and that what you continue hurting by being a bit too alpha for your own good.
>>
>>16774869
I've got to focus on what other people want, because all I want is to roll in money MDMA and women, and if I stay there too long I go off the rails and can't get shit together for weeks
>>
>>16774671
Maybe you just need an outlet. Try a contact sport. Boxing or something.
>>
>>16774882
From one anon to another, M is not your friend. That shit is toxic and the empathy is artificial as fuck. That's why it's so attractive, 30 minute wait in order to feel like the world is your oyster. It's temporary empathy. The real thing takes time, effort and understanding. The decision is yours, do you define yourself as being a slave to instant gratification or do you feel capable of being more?
>>
>>16774671
i'm a lot like you. i was a lot more. i was stupid enough, lonely enough, to let others tell me i was wrong in my actions and behavior...for a time atleast. the aggressiveness will never go away. i even let myself get fat to see if that helped. it didn't. i'm no doctor or scientist but i think our bodies must just produce more testosterone or something. i believe "alpha" is not just a psychological state but a physiological state.

i've always been an alpha. period. always will be. it is state of permanent existence as far as i can tell. you can hide it but never make it go away.

here is what you can do though. smooth the rough edges. make friends with other alphas who "get you." i'll tell you this much, this advice i give is hard to follow. i've never had many friends but i have an awesome wife. she is my best friend and accepts me exactly as i am. she is an alpha too. (alpha female are fucking amazing btw. not some whiney, needy little tart but a bad ass best friend who will suck your dick. an equal.) nothing has improved my life more.
>>
>>16774894
I think I need to stay away from contact sport, since i already have quiet a temper it seems like a naturally poor combination

>>16774896
slave to instant gratification
I struggle to pursue thing in the long term, I'm easily frustrated, and myy interests are generally limited to drinking, taking drugs, making people feel bad and sleeping with girls I don't really know
>>
>>16774901
well that certainly sound similar, except I'm not fat
apparently despite doing no real physical activity I'm hyperactive and my anxiety is so high that I burn calories just by twitching.

I'm finding it hard to attract alpha women for a relationship because everyone knows I get around and I don't exactly exude "commitment and stability"

finding more domination friends might be good for me, but I'd struggle if they started getting the better of me; I become bitter quickly when I'm not winning and that is ultimately self defeating

there is a girl I have been eyeing for a few years, but I'm not really attracted to her sexually; which is a bit of an anomaly I'm not sure how to approach, considering I have slept with all her friends
>>
>>16774671
Have you never gotten in physical confrontation?

It humbles you to lose
>>
>>16774671

How do you stop? Easy, someone's gonna kill you someday
>>
>>16774920
do make it a sexual relationship; make it intellectual. from there see how it goes. sounds like she already knows you. maybe that type of female companionship is exactly what you need. also, the reason i have the bad ass wife i have, is cause of my sister. she set me up on a blind date with a girl she knew would be perfect for me. maybe this girl is the "sister" you need.

as for the hyperactivity etc, that will dull as u age. i'm 31 now. in my 20s i was cut. some injuries plague me, slow me down a bit and frankly once i got married i put on a bit of weight cause the wife is a great cook. but i let myself get that way too. partially out of laziness
>>
>>16774920
No you fuck women don't fix you

You fix them dumbass

Your whole leading thing is easy to stop it's as simple as ask the other fucks what they want to do and trying it out.

"Op I've always wanted to go clubbing

" dude I'll make it happen shit man we'll be bosses at smashing hoes"
>>
>>16774671
OP, I am very muc the same.

althoug I do not see your weaknesses as my own.

Your post description defines me perfectly although I do not sympathise with anyone.

You're ability to be aggressive yet be a leader is endearing to you and the people around you will see this and follow i your footsteps.

Don't stop being who you are, because people like us will rule this pathetic world full of beta's..
>>
>>16774960
excuse me for my grammatical errors.
I have not slept for a number of days.
>>
>>16774926
I'm with this guy. You're wasting your wings if you don't ascend. Fly straight into the sun. Suffocate among the stars. That should make you feel different. Not sure how you will feel, but I do know you won't feel like you do now.
I didn't really grow up until I got burned by my own hubris. At the same time, it's possible you were just born to have a smooth ride, with no real problems or lessons. My lizard brain is pissed to think that you'd journey all the way to this godforsaken plane of existence just to have an 80 year holiday. But my person brain can also imagine how that could easily become its own special kind of hell. No problems or struggles to distract you from the fact that you're floating endlessly through an absurd and meaningless void.
>>
>>16774926
lots of times, but never a fistfight

last guy came up to me looking for a fight because he thought I was cocky, he got a quick jab on me but just stared him down and he backed off

I remember a while back when I was in school some kid had it in for me, so he waited after school on my way home; I saw him waiting there and figured what was going to happen so I pulled a fence post with nails in it as I walked and he kind of froze up and mumbled as I walked past

I've been encouraging a guy to fight me for a while, I'm kind of curious if I could hold my own in a real fight
>>
>>16774937
they've come close a few times, but if I go down I'm taking the whole ship with me; and because of that I'm only afraid of people who are too dumb to recognize what hurting me would mean for them

>>16774939
haha I suppose that reassures me a lot, I just figured I'd never slow down and I'd just keep going till something gave out on me

this girl's been going through a slump at the moment, she's really unhappy and pushing people away; and I'm not diving in after her
I hope she gets through it

>>16774952
but that's the thing anon, my niggers know if they ask I get things done
I got my friend a job, another a house, another a GF, I've got them all laid a few times now
but that's me pushing them to some extent
when I ask "what do you want" they just mumble and look at their feet
>>
ITT:Niggers.
>>
File: 1382994964638.png (205 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1382994964638.png
205 KB, 500x280
>>16775098
no niggers here anon, carry about your business
>>
>>16774909
Seems like you've isolated the issues anon. Maybe try find some alpha personalities who'll challenge you and hold your interest.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.